Rough Close Spring TORM Meet 12 - 16 March 2015

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
SATURDAY NIGHT SAUSAGE FEST

:yikes: Oeerr Matron, what the hell I hear you ask is this about? :dunno:

Don't worry though, it's something we've done a few times at RC meets and has gone down very well with all participants ;)

Basically it's a way of catering for everyone for a meal. :)

What you do is bring along 6 specialty/premium sausages (none of your cheap nasty Walls type sausages allowed) per person and we fry them up over the fire and everyone has a lucky dip. We can also do mash potatoes as well if folks would like some.

If you fancy joining in the add your name to the list below:

Meet List:

By adding your name you acknowledge that you have read and will comply with post #01 of this thread and accept that it can (and probably will) be edited before the Meet ... and include this line in the paste.

1. decorum
2. Mesquite
3. Midnitehound
4. Neil and Clare
5. Treadlightly
6. TinkyPete
7. Rob L
8. Bilmo (TBC)
9. Wayland and maybe Debs.
10. Stonehippo
11. Dave Budd
12. Hammock_man ( Coach tickets booked)
13. Phoenix (ditto)
14. ToveRebecca (TBC!)
15. Badger
>>>

From posts #39 and #40 ~ "Does anyone want Kangaroo, Ostrich or Venison burgers on the Friday night, in a roll like?

The meat will be at cost and only about £1-1.50..

We'll also be providing the cooking facilities and sundries.

I also have TTD Minted Lamb Burgers, TTD Wild Boar Burgers, Venison Sausages and if you really want, Crocodile Burgers! :) "

Friday Night Food List:

01. MNH 1xRoo 1xOsti 1xBambi
02. Rob 2xRoo 2xOsti 2xBambi
03. Mesquite 1 x Roo, 1 x Osti, 1 x Bambi
04. Hammock_Man 2 x Roo, 2 x Osti
05. Dave Budd 1 x skippy, 1 x Bambi's mum and 1 leggy bird

Total so far: 7xRoo 7xOsti 5xBambi

Saturday Night Sausage Fest

1. Mesquite
2. Wayland

Last edited:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
SATURDAY NIGHT SAUSAGE FEST

Rosie might appreciate a stray bit of meat or two being chucked her way ~ she'll be on site following the APL & PL training day ;) . I'll endeavour to remember to pack some sausage for her.

... it's something we've done a few times at RC meets and has gone down very well with all participants ;)

After the overstuffing of participants last time, do we need to post up details for the local A&E? :lmao: :rofl:

We can also do mash potatoes as well if folks would like some.

With 50 Shades of Gravy?

:sad6: :rofl:

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Rosie might appreciate a stray bit of meat or two being chucked her way ~ she'll be on site following the APL & PL training day ;) . I'll endeavour to remember to pack some sausage for her.

I'll be packing some haggis, beat that big boy.

Oh and Neil is bringing his giant Black Pudding.

This is all going too Carry On Bushcraft.

Someone please recover this.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
This is all going too Carry On Bushcraft.

Someone please recover this.

:angel:

Bridge is in ~ given some time we'll see whether I've done a half decent job :eek: (I suspect that I'll be digging it out and rejigging ... ) ~ I've done my best to stick it on the prime desire line.

To allow it to settle there'll be a cover over it for the duration of the Meet ;)

Ditch seems to be helping with the adjacent path (... admittedly that is why the ditch was reinstalled to try to sort out :eek: :lmao: )

Previously: Water in the footsteps.
This week: Still squidgy, but getting there. The two in the middle were freshly made to see whether they filled with water ~ they didn't :D :cool:

Last week: Water logged.
This week: Not _dry_ but definitely firm under foot.​

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
Just got in from being out all weekend (making frantically for TORM). I've signed up for the sausage fest!

Meet List:

By adding your name you acknowledge that you have read and will comply with post #01 of this thread and accept that it can (and probably will) be edited before the Meet ... and include this line in the paste.

1. decorum
2. Mesquite
3. Midnitehound
4. Neil and Clare
5. Treadlightly
6. TinkyPete
7. Rob L
8. Bilmo (TBC)
10. Stonehippo
11. Dave Budd
13. Phoenix (ditto)
14. ToveRebecca (TBC!)
15. Badger
>>>

From posts #39 and #40 ~ "Does anyone want Kangaroo, Ostrich or Venison burgers on the Friday night, in a roll like?

I also have TTD Minted Lamb Burgers, TTD Wild Boar Burgers, Venison Sausages and if you really want, Crocodile Burgers! :) "

Friday Night Food List:

05. Dave Budd 1 x skippy, 1 x Bambi's mum and 1 leggy bird

Saturday Night Sausage Fest

1. Mesquite
2. Wayland
3.Dave Budd

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Looking really good Phil goodjob

Getting there, lots to do yet ;) .

Meet List:

1. decorum
2. Mesquite
3. Midnitehound
4. Neil and Clare
5. Treadlightly
6. TinkyPete
7. Rob L
8. Bilmo (TBC)
10. Stonehippo
11. Dave Budd
13. Phoenix (ditto)
14. ToveRebecca (TBC!)
15. Badger
>>>

Friday Night Food List:

05. Dave Budd 1 x skippy, 1 x Bambi's mum, and 1 leggy bird
>>>

Saturday Night Sausage Fest:Bring along 6 specialty/premium sausages (none of your cheap nasty Walls type sausages allowed) per person and we fry them up over the fire and everyone has a lucky dip. We can also do mash potatoes as well if folks would like some.
1. Mesquite
2. Wayland
3. Dave Budd
>>>

EDIT: Sorry Dave, cross-posted with you :eek:

Last edited:

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Meet List:

1. decorum
2. Mesquite
3. Midnitehound
4. Neil and Clare
5. Treadlightly
6. TinkyPete
7. Rob L
8. Bilmo (TBC)
10. Stonehippo
11. Dave Budd
13. Phoenix (ditto)
14. ToveRebecca (TBC!)
15. Badger
>>>

Friday Night Food List:

05. Dave Budd 1 x skippy, 1 x Bambi's mum, and 1 leggy bird
06. There are currently spares, one of each as they come in pairs. Any takers? Also have Minted Lamb and Wild Boar.
>>>

Saturday Night Sausage Fest:Bring along 6 specialty/premium sausages (none of your cheap nasty Walls type sausages allowed) per person and we fry them up over the fire and everyone has a lucky dip. We can also do mash potatoes as well if folks would like some.
1. Mesquite
2. Wayland
3. Dave Budd
4. Mulling over throwing in 6 Wild Boar and Apple (or Venison if preferred) , then having 6 split between Rob and myself.
>>>

From post 58:

Hopefully* the communal fire wood's sorted. At the time of typing it's looking like the cost is going to be something like £2.00 per person per night.

* It is sorted, but until it's _there_ I prefer to consider it as a 'hopeful' ;)

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
1. Mesquite
2. Wayland
3. Dave Budd
4. Mulling over throwing in 6 Wild Boar and Apple (or Venison if preferred) , then having 6 split between Rob and myself.
5. Hammock_man (
Silesian Sausage)
6. Phoenix (ditto)
>>>

As we will have to pick it up wedensday we will bring some precooked polish sausage

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Any more ideas ref post 59 ( Thanks by the way, decorum)

:sad6: I did ask ... and meant to post the response ... and promptly forgot :eek: . It's as I thought, no facilities on site to accept post. So no, items can't be posted to the site :sad6:

Meet List
:

1. decorum
2. Mesquite
3. Midnitehound
4. Neil and Clare
5. Treadlightly
6. TinkyPete
7. Rob L
8. Bilmo (TBC)
10. Stonehippo
11. Dave Budd
12. Hammock_man (Coach tickets booked)
13. Phoenix (ditto)
14. ToveRebecca (TBC!)
15. Badger
>>>

From posts #39 and #40 ~ "Does anyone want Kangaroo, Ostrich or Venison burgers on the Friday night, in a roll like?"

Friday Night Food List:

03. Mesquite 1xRoo, 1xOsti, 1xBambi
04. Hammock_Man 2xRoo, 2xOsti
05. Dave Budd 1xskippy, 1xBambi's mum, and 1xleggy bird
06. There are currently spares, one of each as they come in pairs. Any takers? Also have Minted Lamb and Wild Boar.
>>>

Saturday Night Sausage Fest:

Bring along 6 speciality/premium sausages (none of your cheap nasty Walls type sausages allowed) per person and we fry them up over the fire and everyone has a lucky dip. We can also do mash potatoes as well if folks would like some.

1. Mesquite
2. Wayland
3. Dave Budd
4. Mnh ~ Mulling over throwing in 6 Wild Boar and Apple (or Venison if preferred) , then having 6 split between Rob and myself.
5. Hammock_man (
Silesian Sausage)
6. Phoenix (ditto)
>>>

From post 58:

Hopefully* the communal fire wood's sorted. At the time of typing it's looking like the cost is going to be something like £2.00 per person per night.

* It is sorted, but until it's _there_ I prefer to consider it as a 'hopeful' ;)

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Updates in Red

Meet List
:

1. decorum
2. Mesquite
3. Midnitehound
4. Neil and Clare
5. Treadlightly
6. TinkyPete
7. Rob L
8. Bilmo (TBC)
10. Stonehippo
11. Dave Budd
12. Hammock_man (Coach tickets booked)
13. Phoenix (ditto)
14. ToveRebecca (TBC!)
15. Badger
>>>

From posts #39 and #40 ~ "Does anyone want Kangaroo, Ostrich or Venison burgers on the Friday night, in a roll like?"

MNH - I shall be bringing the usual kitchen stuff such as a table, lights, frying pan, gas cooker etc.

MEAT LIST!!:

02. Rob L 2xRoo 2xOsti 2xBambi
03. Mesquite 1xRoo, 1xOsti, 1xBambi
04. Hammock_Man 2xRoo, 2xOsti
05. Dave Budd 1xskippy, 1xBambi's mum, and 1xleggy bird
>>>

Total so far: 7xRoo 7xOsti 5xBambi - I have just bought in 8xRoo, 8xOsti and 6x Bambi burgers.

Saturday Night Sausage Fest:

Bring along 6 speciality/premium sausages (none of your cheap nasty Walls type sausages allowed) per person and we fry them up over the fire and everyone has a lucky dip. We can also do mash potatoes as well if folks would like some.

1. Mesquite
2. Wayland
3. Dave Budd
4. Mnh ~ Mulling over throwing in 6 Wild Boar and Apple (or Venison if preferred) , then having 6 split between Rob and myself.
Whoops, accidentally bought 6x Venison sausages instead, I'm sure we'll manage though.
;)
Mash sounds good, shall I do onion gravy? Is someone bringing a masher?
5. Hammock_man (
Silesian Sausage)
6. Phoenix (ditto)
7. Rob L
>>>

From post 58:

Hopefully* the communal fire wood's sorted. At the time of typing it's looking like the cost is going to be something like £2.00 per person per night. A load of rounds are stacked and ready for loading onto the trailer.

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Right then Mesquite, I think Emily will keep you comfortable this coming weekend, money well spent me thinks. She comes complete with two poles, not just one, and she'll not be unhappy if someone makes it rain. She is Sgt. Bird's ex-squeeze, a bit stiff to get her legs deployed but nothing a bit of lube won't sort out. She should give you a good lay as long as you point her in the right direction and keep her on the level. She's well put together, all original, no enhancements apart from the little Red number which actually makes for easy carrying over your shoulder. You may get mixed signals but that isn't surprising considering her questionable history. ;)

I'm afraid it is too late for late orders from anyone else.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/British-Army-Folding-Cot-Bed-J-S-Franklin-Equipment-/221703217726?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item339e8aa23e

Last edited:

Wayland

Hárbarðr
OK. It's just going to be me this time. Debs has wussed out and she reckons she doesn't need anything from the market.

I'll be arriving tomorrow and hammocking so it looks like I'll be over the bridge in my usual spot.

I'm not aiming to bring tons of kit so if anyone wants to see anything specific, let me know before the morning.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE