Digital Comms whilst mobile.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Digital Comms whilst mobile.

What are the sensible options available for those that want to remain ( potentially ) digitally connected if Mobile? I mean , camper van or RV.

Now I don't know what options are out there - I guess in an ideal world I'm setting the standard of normal broadband speeds and I'm not looking to invest in Starlink as too expensive.

But what options are there for remaining digitally connected even if its slow ?

I can mention "Helium" but I am sure there are plenty of other potential networks out there.

Someone please give me a basic direction for a mobile wifi connections and rough idea of costs to cover most the UK.

Decacraft

Jul 28, 2021
South Wales
The netgear m1 I had previously ran perfect and they are a lot cheaper than my current netgear m5 at around £300.

I pay £6 on top of my current plan for the additional sim card, and transfer data to it from my plan(needs to be done manually, monthly via the app). It's a 5g plan but I find unless I am in a town/city the 4gLTE+ will give me a better speed of fibre equivalent at around 60-100mbps download/20mbps upload. The 5g if I get a good signal can sometimes be in the region of 150-200mbps download

The Huawei/other brands of mobile wifi devices run pretty much the same, all comes down to what you want to spend and if you want the ability to connect the antenna extensions which you can buy online. Some can be bought between £30-£100 for the router.

My only advice is to be carefull with the non major mobile networks such as smarty/giff gaff etc as they only have a part of the bandwidth from the main network and the speeds can sometimes be a lot less.

I have tried vodafone/3/02 and EE - I get a decent deal for my package with EE (simonly, unlimited everything on 5g, btsport included at £21 per month) and the extra sim is £6 on top which gives me unl calls, texts and shared data. It was a retentions offer the last time I upgraded in 2021.

I understand I probably pay more than most, but I find I get good if not great coverage and speeds.

If you need anymore help fire away any questions

Reactions: Broch and TeeDee

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE