Rough Close Meet ~ January 2012

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
... i was starting to worry no one fancied it this year ...

I'd purposely held off from confirming in thread that I was up for it :sad6: .

where did you pick up the pup tent from? looks like i could have a use for one

I've had it for years. The fabric is more than slightly weird ~ the two sides have a sort of magnetic velcro attraction to each other and to themselves as well :eek: .
If I'm honest, it's not the best choice I've ever made and I really should modify it into something more useful ~ a canvas pup would probably be a better, if heavier, choice.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Remind me just prior to the March Meet and I'll bung it in the boot for you to have a play with (and see whether you can cope with the madding attraction of the fabric) ~ I 'lost' the poles some years back :eek: but replacements should be easily fabricated.
As a tent it's cheap and cheerful. It's dark all day inside and buttoning the door up from the inside is irksome.

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
I love that first pic of the hurricane lantern! Thanks for sharing, looks like it was a good one!

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Glad to hear you enjoyed yourselves (as if there was really any doubt). Family stuff kept me away this time but hope to see you in March.

leaf man

Nomad
Feb 2, 2010
Blacker Hill
hi all, had a really great weekend. learnt a good few new skills and im now a convert for the blow up insulated matress to kip on. thanx especially to wayland for lending james an me your spare mats.

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Hi guys, I fully appreciate you have just got back from a great meet, im hoping to make the march one my very first bushcraft meet! I don't come from the area so hoping that ain't a problem?
Does anyone no if the dates for the march meet has been set yet?
Cheers
Steve

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Hi guys, I fully appreciate you have just got back from a great meet, im hoping to make the march one my very first bushcraft meet! I don't come from the area so hoping that ain't a problem?
Does anyone no if the dates for the march meet has been set yet?
Cheers
Steve

We have had people come to a meet as far afield as Scotland, Wales, South England, Oldham, London to Rough Close meets so feel free to come along from Cambridgeshire :D

As for the next meet, it's scheduled to be 23rd March until 25th March :cool:

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
We have had people come to a meet as far afield as Scotland, Wales, South England, Oldham, London to Rough Close meets so feel free to come along from Cambridgeshire :D

As for the next meet, it's scheduled to be 23rd March until 25th March :cool:

Thats excellent!! I am in my long weekend from work that weekend so happy days!!! so barring world war 3 happening I shall be there to bug you guys about anything and everything bushcraft lol
Cheers
Steve

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE