Devon Weekend....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hello Everyone.
Didn't know where else to post this , without bugging all, but i sort of consider this my area !! Just wanted to say that as most of you know i have had a mixed year , ups and downs , but thanks obviously to discovering this site , i have met online and more importantly in person , some of the kindest , supportive most genuine friends i could wish for .

I am not going to name individuals as it would take too long and i know i would forget someone important !! But just a huge thankyou for your friendship and help , with making what ,we all love doing such a much more rewarding experience.

I would never believed , through joining a website , that in little over a year you could form such a bond and learn and laugh so much with people you had never met before , and that your first meeting would be in a woods on Dartmoor !! Tells you how much i know about life !

Anyway i won't go on , just to say thanks for being there , whether it be phone, pm, on here in general or in person. You are all star bars as a certain cockney member would say.

Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and a happy and healthy new year , and heres to plenty more meets and get togethers in 2012 , as you know i don't put things as eloquently in writing as when talking !! so as usual excuse spellin , grammar etc , but i think you get the gist !

I will announce Dartmoor 5 ( haven't thought of a witty title yet ) early in the new year , coz i for one am itching to getting out again soon .

If we have half as much fun as in 2010 , that will do for me !

Once again many thanks chaps and chapesses, for just being YOU !!

Love and all things bushy

Ivan x

kard133

Mar 20, 2010
Bath
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all, Ivan, thanks for letting us know you and sharing your Wit around the camp fire, and to thanks to everyone I have met through Ivan's get together's, I hope to see you all again next year.

Cheers

skate

Nomad
Apr 13, 2010
East Devon
Big thanks to Ivan for making it happen and Katie for keeping him in order :)
I would also like to wish all my new found friends a great festive season and looking forward to burning off some seasonal fat at the next meet.
Cheers
Al

Savagewolfrm

Nomad
Oct 29, 2008
North Devon
ah soft and sentimental....its all nice to wish merry hapiness etc but I wish you all many happy and glorified Hangovers over the next week or so and much stomach bloating with rich food and chocolates.
I will be toasting you all on Christmas Day so if you hear a clink, that will be me with my JD and a very small amount or red Absinthe that I have found and wish you ALL a joyous and wonderful end to the year, and look forward to starting next year with the same enthusiasm for Dartmoor 5 " wrap up warm tour ".
as Ivan has already said, soft and mushy time now, I have met some fantastic people through this site and at the meets and it is my pleasure to call you all friends and look forward to next year, sob sniffle welling up. blaah
All the best you guys you are all STARBARS in my eyes. love ya loads
Rick

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
Happy Christmas back at you and yours :)

Please arrange for snow on next meet... Plenty of it for igloo purposes :)

Sent via tapatalk from my shiny sgs2

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
yes as above merry xmas to you all from the welsh contingent its been a pleasure meeting new friends and getting down to dartmoor for the various meets looking forward to 2012 and the next meet regards and merry xmas to you all:christmas1::christmas2:

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
Hope all the dartmoor guys I've met and am yet to meet have had a great day with Santa bringing you all lots of shinies :)

LRforestschool

Forager
Jun 27, 2011
West Devon
My younger son gave me a new very decent coat for bushcrafting in. Two very appropriate and effective layers that will keep me totally dry and toasty warm, and in a tasteful dark green - so a super start for next year's meets, and staying alive through them all. What a great son he is! Clearly software developers who don't get out in the wild much are actually more savvy to the ways of bushcrafters than I realised - must be because he walks a very long way to work every day, by choice and in all weathers, and is in tune with the elements!

Hope you all had a great christmas.

Lucy x

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
While the festive season is still upon us , and i wasn't sure where else to post this , my good old bushcrafting pal Adam got wind i was to be on my own for Christmas, kindly offered to come down and suggested we spent a couple of days in the woods .
Well that certainly cheered me up ! so we ended up in a woods owned by a good mate of ours , on the eastern fringes of Dartmoor , got set up and settled in for Christmas in the woods !

Great weekend , great grub , great company and a good old whistle stop tour of a bit of the moor on Christmas Day, took a bit of footage of our excursion , so when Adam has chance i am sure he will find a suitable place to post .

Was supposed to be finished off in Wales with some good pals of ours , but didn't work out , think those boys are enjoying themselves as we speak ! Hope so .

Anyway just putting the finishing touches to announcing a few possible dates for meets ahead . At least one beach , as that was fun , a couple of places on Dartmoor , and of course the usual handful of gatherings at camp Dartmoor The HQ ...

Well hope you all had a magic Christmas and santa brought you what you wanted ..

If there are any dates that are a serious no no for any of you , just let me know and we will try and work around them , if not looking forward to shouting out some dates to get the Dartmoor Granite Ball Rolling !

Ivan....

skate

Nomad
Apr 13, 2010
East Devon
Was on the moor today getting some post Christmas fresh air rehab :) found a brand new millbank bag! good old Santa Dartmoor.
Looking forward to the forth coming gatherings and as you probably know any dates are normally ok for me.

LRforestschool

Forager
Jun 27, 2011
West Devon
I've got no dates I need to avoid Ivan. Nice to hear that you are considering another beach meet some time in the year - nothing like a cold swim to get over the absinthe! Looking forward to some good meets and good company in beautiful surroundings. Roll on 2012.

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
Nothing in the next few weeks that is in the way for me.

Btw, will there be trees cause I have a shiny new hammock :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE