Devon Weekend....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
urgh to JD and sadly i didnt get (or buy as was hoping for a bottle for xmas/birthday) any tequila, i do however have a litre of smirnoff red that will remain full even after NYE (i have another half bottle to get through yet ;) )

so whens it gonna be? im gagging to get out and try my hammock now i have left the ground for the trees :) may have a non bushy friend who wants to come along and see what things us weirdos do, he's a sound chappy, not adverse to the outdoors ways of sitting round a camp fire in the evenings getting sloshed! lol

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hi Jon , and other interested parties, Skate and I are , having a bimble to a site on Saturday , have spoken to the owners and looks very promising, we will report back on here after we have had a good wander , would not be prudent to give the location as it might not be suitable , safe to say if you want to google somewhere very close , its Ramshorn Down , common land in the Dartmoor National Park , only issue is fire of course , but subject to my diplomatic skills ! A site very close could be good .

Failing that , good old faithful , will be called upon , two slight issues , are farmers requirements due to possible inclement weather ( unlikely ) and we would have to all muck in on a firewood hunt !

How does 13th - 15th Jan 2012 or 20th - 22nd Jan sound ? ....

Ivan...

Ps most importantly , with negotiations for use of the site , there might be a slight increase in cost , sorry out of my hands ..

Feedback , appreciated, as that has been the bit holding me back !!

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
as long as the price paid is in hard cash and not any of your usual campsite favours, i'm in ;)

Ivan my bud, you must stop the stressing, itll make you go grey :) a few quid to get to camp in wild woods, away from the hoards polluting commercial sites, with good friends made and yet to be made, is a few quid well spent. i doubt anyone would feel they are being ripped off, and if anyone did feel they couldnt afford/justify spending what ever the cost would be, they know upfront so would choose to not come along on that occassion. its not as if you get everyone there and then walk round saying "£50 or get orf me land"

LRforestschool

Forager
Jun 27, 2011
West Devon
I'm up for either weekend, but the sooner you decide the better for me, so that I can fix something else I have to do for the weekend you don't have the meet (if you see what I mean!)

Nice one Ivan, for having kept the bushcraft crew together and overcome lots of obstacles this year. I'm sure that many others would agree, and some have already stated, that we owe you a lot for your good humour, generosity and kindness, and will be happy to follow you into your new ventures and new locations. x

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Thanks Adam , stirling job as ever , shame about the weather as we were planning to give you all a better tour of some of the local sites , still you get the gist , we did get chance to see a bit more but wind noise and water on the lens , made it horrible viewing .

A Christmas day i won't forget , thanks mate.

Oh! by the way did you pick up the kindling tenners ? only i can't seem to find them anywhere !

Ivan....

Mongoose13

Feb 17, 2011
jimmy_saville.jpg

My Dad ;)

Mongoose13

Feb 17, 2011
Sorry Dad, I couldn't resist!! :D You do look like him though, anyway thats for not letting me come to the last two meets, I better be coming to the next one though... Jimmy!!

skate

Nomad
Apr 13, 2010
East Devon
Now then, now then. So annoying when the fire is struggling. Good job you had some waste paper to help LMAO.
Must drop by Jay's Grave some time soon as I'm out of small change. Also, the lady in the cottage down the road might be able to help you with the flower mystery ;)

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Jon, you must get out more ! Asa Vage is a very well respected film maker and knife craftsman , a little underground i will admit , but jolly good company and it will pay to keep in with him , because when he becomes internationally recognised you don't want to be left behind .

Hows about guys an gals Jimmy ( i can fix it for you )

Wait til i see her !!

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
Wishing all you guys a happy new year :) have a drink for me as I'm on dad's taxi duties till much much later :(

Sent via tapatalk from my shiny sgs2

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hello , well just got back from a very enjoyable days wandering with Skate, boy we covered some ground and saw some sights , up a mountain , down a valley, down a shiney ore mine , and loads inbetween , you know the usual .
Seriously thanks Al , had a really good day, we have found a great little spot for a meet , but i am going up to the Moor to see the New Year in, so i will give some thought as to whether we have the meet there, or the new site .

So hopefully , will start a new thread with details , a bit later on.

Thanks Jon , you win earliest Happy New Year greeting ! I hope to get online later to pass mine on !

By the way the date is sorted 13th - 15th January ...

Ivan...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE