Desert Island

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
You folks need more ambition:

1. Orbital death ray control centre (with shark tank).
2. Army of mooks.
3. Satellite phone with the UN Security Council on speed dial.

Anything else I need I reckon I should be able to acquire with these 3...

featherstick

Forager
May 21, 2008
South East

1. Orbital death ray control centre (with shark tank).
2. Army of mooks.
3. Satellite phone with the UN Security Council on speed dial.

Anything else I need I reckon I should be able to acquire with these 3...

In that case, I'm taking:

A reversible tuxedo;
A watch with a built-in laser; and
An inexhaustible supply of one liners.

locum76

Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston

I reckon Dave569's initial idea was fairly ambitious. Quite handy to have against an orbital death ray control centre too. Although all you really need to take out such a centre is a borrowed AT-ST, a wookie and some Ewoks.

Miyagi

Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
id take....

the dog
my knife
plastic tarp/sheeting

I read that as plastic sheep/tarping...

suranne jones , sophie marceau and jessica simpson

Excellent first two choices.

A bed of nails.
Blow up sheep.
Camcorder.

That made oi larrf!

I reckon Dave569's initial idea was fairly ambitious. Quite handy to have against an orbital death ray control centre too. Although all you really need to take out such a centre is a borrowed AT-ST, a wookie and some Ewoks.

Need I remind you, the result of that Star Wars test for "which character are you like?", was Luke Skywalker... (huffs on and polishes fingernails on T shirt)

I'd take;

1 - Toddy; she knows herbal remedies, booze recipes, songs, poems and knows how to make everything from a grass skirt to a 5 star palm frond lean to and everything else in between.
2 - That irritating Geordie bloke that did the voice overs on the adverts etc for Big Brother. Just so every evening I could say "Howay! Toneet on the desert eeland.." and then punch his lights out.
3 - Everybody else's choices except the Guitar. What point is there in having a Geetar when there is no cheese to slice?...

Those who know me, may be surprised that I didn't say I'd take the dog. Without going into all the why's and wherefore's, all I'll say is he'd find me. Trust me, he'd find me...

EDIT to No.3;

Unlike JonathanD, I certainly wouldn't take Elefant Jon. I don't care how popular his versions of candle in the wind were.

Last edited:

Miyagi

Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Johnnytheboy knows his onions about desert/deserted islands...

Cambuskenneth, Cambusbarron, Camelon, Grangemouth, Falkirk and the slip road (canal extension) to the Avon, leading to the Forth.

A desert island reminds him of the Mannequi, Reids, Coasters and the Argyle Bar.

Sorry, forgot Rosie O'Grady's...

locum76

Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
In Clackmannan the only three things you need are a flack jacket, a fish supper and a bus fare to get out of dodge.

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
LOL Cunny Funt :-D

Plenty of deserted islands you can visit on a day trip, or night out as you put it lol

Come on sportsters is the new in place lol

Johnnytheboy knows his onions about desert/deserted islands...

Cambuskenneth, Cambusbarron, Camelon, Grangemouth, Falkirk and the slip road (canal extension) to the Avon, leading to the Forth.

A desert island reminds him of the Mannequi, Reids, Coasters and the Argyle Bar.

Sorry, forgot Rosie O'Grady's...

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Mine would be (in seriousness)..

Parang
Largish billy
Ferro rod

In wish list..

Bushcraft Betty
Load of baccy
Tanker of Guiness

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE