Desert camo tarp - light version available?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
Why not paint your existing tarp in the colours you want to blend with? We used to paint tarps / ponchos all the time in the mob. Never had any bad effects on the waterproofing etc. Most of the time we used car, or model spray paints.

Got any pictures of your results from that mate?

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
Thanks for the advice, folks. Just ordered an auscam hoochie from Kitbag. (Good price and service - ask them directly about shipping costs rather than go via the website checkout system). I'll report back on how it looks in the hills.

Hi there,
Have just been catching up on your threads.
How did you get on with your hoochie order from kitbag.
Thinking of throwing a bit of my own funds their way.
Did you have any probs with their goods or service?

Harley

Forager
Mar 15, 2010
London
In terms of weight, I'd say that was identical: if it were sil-nylon it would be a fraction of the weight and I assume that is what the thread originator is seeking?

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
It was the colour/camo i was suggesting I didn't even look at the weights, :eek:

well...you could always make your own or head down the "ultra light" road, though it gets a tad expensive that way!:rolleyes:

it's possible to make very lightweight tarps etc with rip-stop nylon that's sprayed with silicon (from a can) but it'll never be as good as the tarps you can buy.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE