dd hammocks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dark Horse Dave

Apr 5, 2007
Surrey / South West London
Wotcher Sandbag

Mine arrived this morning as well, and this note is to express my appreciation for all your efforts in this group buy.

Good job mate - well done!

DHD

ps Not forgetting many thanks to DD for top service too!

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
Set mine up this afternoon, no extra ridge/utility line but it does have two lengths of elastic cord for the mossie net. I always set up an extra line with paracord these days anyway. I put an Alpine butterfly in the utility line above each end of the hammock then thread the elastic though them and tie off with just enough tension to hold the net up. When I get in the hammock it all tightens up but not so much that it rips the loops off (or should I say - another loop off - lesson learned on my last DD) :D

sandbag47

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 12, 2007
northampton
this is from 1 of the emails i was sent by nick from dd

I noticed there was some talk on BCUK regarding webbing stretching - thought I should let you know that from now on all our Travel Hammocks will come with 10m of new, stronger webbing attached (same as the new webbing Pablo shows in his video - although he used it for a ridge line as it was not already attached to his hammock. Something we only decided to do very recently). The camping hammock still comes with the same webbing as before.

and the advertising for the travel hammock on their website.

Includes: 10m of new stronger webbing/ rope plus 2 x 2m of elastic rope (NEW) to support mosquito net and a stuff sack (size when packed 30cm x 15cm)

Description: Our brand new 2008 version of our popular Travel Hammock. Featuring super fine netting that keeps out ALL insects (including the dreaded British midge!) Now with 2 double sidded zippers for easy access and new, stronger webbing/ rope. The hammock still has two layers of nylon (which allow a thermarest to be inserted inside for cold weather camping). Ideal for use around the globe, in both hot and cold climates and insect infected areas.

it says nothing about any extra webbing robes ,just a new stronger one

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
although he used it for a ridge line as it was not already attached to his hammock. Something we only decided to do very recently). well as we only bought them recently should it not have been supplied, personally I think it should

mick miller

Jan 4, 2008
Herts.
Well, you are getting the new stronger webbing, only it's attached to the hammock already, rather than stuffed loose into the pack, that's my understanding. From what I can read everything that should be in the pack is in the pack. 1 length of tape and 2 lengths of springy elastic type rope. Pablo had an version with the old tape attached and the new stuff thrown in the bag as a replacement, they hadn't got round to re-threading it yet.

A length of paracord will cost a pound or two and most of us have an abundance of the stuff lying around, certainly I never go out into the countryside without taking a few metres wrapped up as it's just so useful.

I got a feeling that the 'sign for' card must be for my hammock, no point sending a pat.58 bottle signed for so it must be my hammock! Thanks Sandbag and thanks to Nick at DD.

sandbag47

Jun 12, 2007
northampton
1. beer monster........travel..................................................................received
2. ahjno...................travel
3. andy e.................travel and 3x3 tarp..............................................received
4. littebiglane............camping............................................................received
5. dimond dave.........travel x 2............................................................received
6. lodian...................travel
7. chainsaw..............travel..................................................................received
8. geuf......................travel
9. leon-1...................travel..................................................................received
10. woodstock............travel................................................................received
11. in wood.................travel................................................................received
12. dark horse dave.....3x3 tarp..............................................................received
13. nickg....................travel
14. richie o.................travel................................................................received
15. sandbag47............camping x 2 and 3x3 tarp and travel....................received
16. Huon....................travel and 3x3 tarp and webbing
17. basha...................travel.................................................................received
18. mirius...................travel..................................................................received
19. bobfromholland......2 x travel and 2 - 3x3 tarps
20. cliffc.....................travel and 3x3 tarp.............................................received
21. mr rimps...............travel and 3x3 tarp.............................................received
22. myheadsashed......travel...............................................................received
23. eskimotwenty........travel and 3x3 tarp............................................received
24. nightwalker............travel and 3x3 tarp.............................................received
25. soggy boots..........travel and 3x3 tarp ............................................received
26.mick miller.............travel and3x3tarp................................................received
27.celt_ginger.............travel
28.jimmyhighton..........travel and3x3tarp
29.ukhaiku..................travel and3x3tarp...............................................received
30.Chester`C...............travel
31.Stiks.......................travel..................................................................received
32.prophecy.................3x3 tarp

basha

Forager
Aug 9, 2006
kent
Just found my travel hammock package languishing out the back; the postie hid it away for me as I was out when he tried to deliver it.
Fantastic quality piece of kit. THANKS VERY MUCH SANDBAG FOR ORGANISING THIS . A credit to BushcraftUK.
And thanks to Nick at DD hammocks for agreeing to the deal. :beerchug:

Pablo

Settler
Oct 10, 2005
Essex, UK
www.woodlife.co.uk
Just to clarify folks: The old travel hammock came with some paracord for a ridge-line. When I got the new version and did the video, I mistakenly thought the new hammock tape (the brighter green stuff) was this ridge-line cord. In fact it was the new tape that Nick had thrown in for me. The old tape was still on the hammock.

Nick now includes the new and better hammock tape attached to the hammock as standard. The ridge-line cord isn't needed as you should attach the hammock netting to your tarp ridge-line by the elastic that's also included.

Sorry if the video confused you.

Pablo.

In Wood

Nomad
Oct 15, 2006
Leyland, Lancashire.
Cheers Sandbag.:beerchug:

I have used mine a couple of times now and it is great.
I have replaced the tapes it came with for climbing tapes, only because I already had it and I am a bit heavy, I just prefere the climbing tapes.

So I can use the tapes supplied as a ridge line if I wish to.
I was not expecting a separate ridge line to come, it was not mentioned in the write-up.

Sandbag and Nick. You are both stars.:You_Rock_

Beer Monster

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 25, 2004
With the gnu!
Mine arrived this morning. Excellent. Bizzarely it's a lot larger than I was expecting ...... I mean when its packed away it looks quite small but when unpacked its huge!

Can't wait to use it!

Cheers SB :You_Rock_ !

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE