dd hammocks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
Fully support your wish to give any excess cash to the charity of your choice. I'm already happy with the saving I've made. So, good for you Sandbag and well done for it all once again.

BobFromHolland

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 9, 2006
Rotterdam, NL
You are free to do whatever you like with my additional discount.

Don't forget to treat yourself to at least one very special beer or whatever you fancy! You've put in a lot of work.

I would feel great to visualise you sitting in your newly received hammock sipping on a cold one!;) I might even be doing exactly the same thing:naughty:

Cheers!

:You_Rock_

mick miller

Jan 4, 2008
Herts.
I'm fine with the nominated charity Sandbag, thanks for putting this together and your hard work also...

Went to check out some possible spots today ready to put it through its paces.

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
I think you deserve at the very least a couple of beers on us for putting this together then do whatever you want to with the rest thats my opinoin you've done a grand job and saved us all a few quid anything else in mind what about under blankets

jimmyh

Mar 7, 2007
Merseyside
A special thanks to sandbag from me for allowing me to join late. You've definetley earned a drink for all the work involved, go for it with the charity thing.
I am just about to order the underblanket....but if anyone else is, maybe..........

mick miller

Jan 4, 2008
Herts.
A special thanks to sandbag from me for allowing me to join late. You've definetley earned a drink for all the work involved, go for it with the charity thing.
I am just about to order the underblanket....but if anyone else is, maybe..........

Well, I'd be interested...oh no, here we go again!

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else

I would be up for one in a group buy anyone else

soggy boots

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 31, 2007
Manchester
I may be interested but I'm not sure how the Snugpak underblanket would marry up to the midge net on the DD Travel Hammock.:dunno:

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
I may be interested but I'm not sure how the Snugpak underblanket would marry up to the midge net on the DD Travel Hammock.:dunno:

Hi SoggyBoots, don't know if you recall my setup from Middlewood but I was using my DD Travel and Woodland Edge/BCUK underblanket there.

What I tend to do is run a seperate line below my tarp ridgeline that I attach (with a couple of alpine butterfly knots) both the hammocks midge net and the outer shockcords of the underblanket to. It's also handy to hang other stuff to, e.g. my firefly bottle light or my uco lantern.

Edit: you can just about make it out here ...

DSC00009.jpg

UKHaiku

Forager
Dec 27, 2007
York, UK
Hi SoggyBoots, don't know if you recall my setup from Middlewood but I was using my DD Travel and Woodland Edge/BCUK underblanket there.

What I tend to do is run a seperate line below my tarp ridgeline that I attach (with a couple of alpine butterfly knots) both the hammocks midge net and the outer shockcords of the underblanket to. It's also handy to hang other stuff to, e.g. my firefly bottle light or my uco lantern.

Edit: you can just about make it out here ...

DSC00009.jpg

:Wow:

Andy - how many sherpas did it take to trek that lot in? ;)

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
LOL! Wayland and Matt kindly pointed me in the direction of a trolley on the site, it's basically just my bergen and a kit bag that I carried everything on site with and then a bag of firewood for my own cooking and the communal fire.

Though to be honest I did suffer from a bit of shiney-kit-itis when packing for that weekend :lmao:

Apr 2, 2007
lincs
hi sandbag47

congrats on all that work no change required have a beer and send any left to childline

thanks again cliff

sandbag47

Jun 12, 2007
northampton
thanks guys...i'll allow myself a fiver for beer and the rest to charity.
again thank you one and all

p.s someone else can do the underblanket group buy:)

sandbag47

Jun 12, 2007
northampton
1. beer monster........travel...................................................cheque received
2. ahjno...................travel...................................................PAID
3. andy e.................travel and 3x3 tarp................................cheque received
4. littebiglane............camping..............................................cheque received
5. dimond dave.........travel x 2.............................................cheque received
6. lodian...................travel
7. chainsaw..............travel..................................................PAID
8. geuf......................travel.............almost paid :)
9. leon-1...................travel..................................................PAID
10. woodstock............travel..................................................PAID
11. in wood.................travel................................................cheque received
12. dark horse dave.....3x3 tarp............................................cheque received
13. nickg....................travel...................................................PAID
14. richie o.................travel...................................................PAID
15. sandbag47............camping x 2 and 3x3 tarp and travel
16. Huon....................travel and 3x3 tarp and webbing............................PAID
17. basha...................travel................................................cheque received
18. mirius...................travel................................................cheque received
19. bobfromholland......2 x travel and 2 - 3x3 tarps..................PAID
20. cliffc.....................travel and 3x3 tarp.............................cheque received
21. mr rimps...............travel and 3x3 tarp.............................cheque received
22. myheadsashed......travel................................................cheque received
23. eskimotwenty........travel and 3x3 tarp.............................cheque received
24. nightwalker............travel and 3x3 tarp............................................PAID
25. soggy boots..........travel and (3x3 tarp notpaidyet)................................PAID
26.mick miller.............travel and3x3tarp.............................................PAID
27.celt_ginger.............travel...................................................................PAID
28.jimmyhighton..........travel and3x3tarp.............................................PAID
29.ukhaiku..................travel and3x3tarp..............................................PAID

ok guys still 47...just keeping it on the same page,so it's in sight:)
current total is £1302

mick miller

Jan 4, 2008
Herts.
WOW! £1302!

That is really amazing, I cannot blame you for not wanting to organise an underquilt group buy, putting this lot together must have been a logistical nightmare.

Not much more to go now, enjoy that well deserved beer!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE