Day of the Triffids

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Its a series, I've the box set but its also on youtube as is the 2009 remake.

Who can forget

[video=youtube;or3ygBd56gg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or3ygBd56gg[/video]

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Funny you posting this today as last night I watched the 2009 series followed by a couple of episodes of the 1975 series Survivors. The opening credits and music of the latter used to make the hair rise on the back of my neck back then. Must admit I enjoyed both last night.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
A bit long winded the series I thought when I saw it on TV a week or so ago. The film is much more succinct. Succinct. Suc-cinct.

I'm right in thinking that the radio production is the one that caused the panic of an alien invasion?

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Yep the original series was much better. I'd have slotted Abby Grant myself in the new series. Middle aged hippy dippy mumsy type who was going to save the world one spit wash at a time - drove me mad.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Yep the original series was much better. I'd have slotted Abby Grant myself in the new series. Middle aged hippy dippy mumsy type who was going to save the world one spit wash at a time - drove me mad.
Though slightly better than the truly awful Bonekickers. That made me want to cry.

wandering1

Nomad
Aug 21, 2014
Staffordshire
I always liked " The Day of The Triffids" both the original and the remake (still enjoy em) though I'm sure theres a Triffid growing in my garden no matter how much I pull out, this plant comes back with a vengeance

Survivors. (the original bored me). But enjoyed athe remake (have both season's)
The Last Train (99) loved it. Wish I could get the DVD

Currently.I'm eating my way thru The Walking Dead

leon-1

Petrochemicals, I believe, though I may be wrong that the radio broadcast that started the panic was Orson Wells reading "The War of The Worlds"

I am sorry to say that this was a myth started by the American newspapers to discredit the radio as a source of reliable news. Basically it was all down to revenue, the papers were losing advertising to the radio and as such they were losing revenue, they needed to do something and they took a molehill and turned it into a mountain to discredit the radio.

A few years ago I would have been with you on this, but since then I learnt the truth.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Classic film. I also have the BBC "Triffids" series from the 80's on dvd. The last train, enjoyed that, & the survivors series.

Rob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE