Day of the Triffids

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Does anyone remember Z for Zacharia? Post nuclear war, girl lives in a farming vally untill a dude turns up with radiation poisoning.
Remember that, stared a young Jeremy Irons. Though I remember thinking that the trailer he was pulling must have been awful heavy. Was good though, a BBC Play For Today I think.

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Give us a clue?

English or US?

What can remember about where it was shot? Can you recall any of the actors or characters?
It was English series far as I remember, that's about all I can remember really Red, it's a long time ago now. It's very annoying.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Triffids is good, but my favourite Wyndham book is 'Web' (predictably). To this day it remains the only believable 'spiders as a monster' story that I have encountered.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Remember that, stared a young Jeremy Irons. Though I remember thinking that the trailer he was pulling must have been awful heavy. Was good though, a BBC Play For Today I think.
Doh! My bad it was Anthony Andrews not Jeremy Irons. (Watched it again last night.) I had them mixed up in my head from Brideshead Revisited. (Which was also a great book and TV series.)

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
Just finished rewatching it... great to see it again, Id forgotten how good it was..
I remember the "last train" as well..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE