Day Jobs!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jimny

Dec 5, 2009
Under my hat and in my coat
I'm a truck driver. Spend my days annoying car drivers whilst delaying them behind my 40 tonne wagon and drag, delivering building and civil engineering materials.
I like the job at the moment, just got a new truck and it has got a luvverly crane on the back, full remote control, all singing and dancing. It's like getting paid to play with Tonka toys.

Dave

mentalnurse

Apr 4, 2007
ashton-in-makerfield,wigan
i work with in secure mental heath units for males , and i also teach control and restraint, handcuff, firstaid and defib, searching, relasional security, de-escalation and mentor new staff as well as all sorts of other fun stuff.

barking badger

Forager
Aug 2, 2011
derbyshire
I am a truck driver too i spend 4 nights a week driving up and down the country when the roads have less traffic on them .

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
since I first replied to this thread, Ive quit that line of work and become a full time tattooist. :)

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
And I have a few bcuk guys to thank for it. Its made me so much happier with my life, so thankyou.

nodd

Nomad
May 12, 2004
liverpool
50 year old optimist retraining by studying at uni Fdsc ecology and conservation management and rural resource management Bsc next year. Previous to this I was a time served Floor-layer specializing in Hard wood flooring.

Last edited:

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
I'm a truck driver. Spend my days annoying car drivers whilst delaying them behind my 40 tonne wagon and drag, delivering building and civil engineering materials.
I like the job at the moment, just got a new truck and it has got a luvverly crane on the back, full remote control, all singing and dancing. It's like getting paid to play with Tonka toys.

Dave

I badly miss driving my lorry and Hiab!!! I used to work for Buildbase delivering building stuff!!! It was a great job but very poor pay where I live!!

Grendel

Settler
Mar 20, 2011
Southampton
I'm a senior Health care assistant but after 17 years in nursing looking for a change of direction and new career well away from Nursing just havent found out what yet since all my qulifications are nursing related so kind of scupperd really.

zed4130

Forager
Aug 4, 2011
poole
I'm a senior Health care assistant but after 17 years in nursing looking for a change of direction and new career well away from Nursing just havent found out what yet since all my qulifications are nursing related so kind of scupperd really.

Me too, i work in a demetia unit, im going to change my career once my kids are older, sadly too much red tape and paper work for me these days, im seeking a out doors job in my future,

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
I'm not sure what I am anymore.
For 5 years I called myself a photographer but about 14 months ago I was forced to take a day job because the industry took yet another dive. I still kept the photography business going part time though.
Just been made redundant From the day job so calling myself a photographer again, but also calling myself semi-retired!

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
"...I no this is a very old thread..."

So old that at least two of the contributors are no longer alive. I wonder if future members will dig up old threads and articles once we have all shuffled off this mortal coil.

"...Im just a train driver for Greater anglia trains..."

I wanted to be an 'engine' driver when I was a kid, but instead...

I design and program the control systems for large buildings, HVAC, lighting, security etc. When I'm not doing that I have been known to run H&S for film and TV sets, site manage small construction projects, train and manage technicians in the AV industry and when I'm doing none of the above I'm in the woods or on the water.

:)

Last edited:

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I'm a bit like Bucephalus really. I worked as a fulltime Carpener/joiner at Kent university for 15 years, then around 2004 after a messy divorce and my new partner getting over breast cancer we decided to up sticks and move to Normandy France and start a B&B business.

Did the renovation on the house together and it looked a treat too, but my artwork started bringing in a modest income per month and our outgoings are pretty small, so the B&B never did kick off. So here I am doing my artwork and taking on carpentry jobs as they land in my lap.

Sorta semi-retired in one respect, or just doing my hobby which also pays the bills. Yeah I call myself REALLY lucky.

lucan

Nomad
Sep 6, 2010
East Yorks
I'm a Time Served Fabricator Welder for an Offshore Container Company, I've been doing it since i left school in 82, I was made redundant 2 years go, Retrained for something else, didn't take to it, so i'm back as a Fab/Welder, At the same factory, But with different owners doing the same job.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Gamekeeper for the gas board*

*Actually I'm a subcontractor carpenter but every time I tell someone what I do they ask me to come round, measure up for a door, two bits of pipe boxing behind the toilet and how much discount do they get for cash. Then they tell me that the bloke next door can do it for a tenner less. Good on him, he's got the job.
Consequently I am giving the Gamekeeper for the gas board line a go, might stop them pestering me for stuff done cheap.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE