Dartmoor 5 ! The Wrap Up Warm Tour !

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
there are more pics i hope I'm sorry to have missed it as i didn't get the car back til 1 o clock on saturday final bill £771 all in could have bought a good car for that amount lol but i loves my car i dooo regards dave:(:banghead:

Ichneumon

Nomad
Jul 4, 2011
Lancashire (previously Dartmoor)
Back home safe and sound in the frozen north and glad to be secure against raptochicken dartmoorensis. The only reason the beast wandered into camp was because Ivan-the-Extinguisher had put the fire out by throwing on another log the size of the Titanic - and just as wet! All done with a cry of 'That'll get the fire going!' Only to be followed by a lot of acrid smoke and a dull red glow from beneath the behemoth log.

I haven't checked my kit yet but if anybody sees Ivan wearing anything in olive green please send me a PM, I can inform the appropriate authorities - which in this case would be Katie. I'm sure she can bring enough pressure to bear and get him to realise the error of his ways!

What a few days!! Thanks to everybody - without you guys it wouldn't be the fun it is. Special thanks to Ivan as ever.

Glad to see the happy campers arrived home and safe. Not long been in myself, so resting from a tiresome, dark, miserable drive home lol. Great to meet a couple new faces, and to catch up with Jon again, after such a long time MIA. Also, to hook up with the regulars. Managed to go a whole meet, without taking a single picture, or filming any footage, which made a change. Great weekend though. May there be many more.

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
Well, even a catch up session of "Got to dance auditions uncut" followed by a double episode of "Got to dance" whilst munching on a couple of large dominos pizza, followed by a pint of pale ale isn't easing the strain of leaving the woods :(

Though my feet are finally warm for first time since leaving home Friday! ;)

kard133

Mar 20, 2010
Bath
I had a great time, thanks to everybody, helped Jon with the bridge, watched Katey get spoiled, Ivan be Ivan and tested some new gear, looking forward to the next time and I hope those who couldn't make it have better luck next time.

patrols

Tenderfoot
Dec 20, 2011
cornwall
Many thanks to Ivan and the gang for making the newbie welcome, I had a brilliant weekend, the fire, the banter, the walk and of course the food and beer were great.
see you all again soon.
patrols.

Ichneumon

Nomad
Jul 4, 2011
Lancashire (previously Dartmoor)
What did you do to Ivan after we left Adam? He's gone awefully quiet! Or maybe he's just donned his battle-bowler and jumped into a trench to avoid any return fire! :)

I raised a glass to non-attenders last night - Lucy, Rick, TBL, Dave53, Arry, et al. We missed you guys and gal - hope to see you at the next one.

Last edited:

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Allo ! not long been back , bit wierd last night after everyone had left , cor! it was cold last night ! still there was a small amount of libation to warm the cockles , and a big helping of left over ratatoulle/stew/ lamb and beef and tomato pot noodle ! yummy .

Thanks everybody for making it another memorable meet , the brain will slowly start to warm , and i will remember stuff to comment on/ take the mickey etc. As you know i like to add a little poetic license to the memories.

So firstly thanks Paul , for coming down a couple of days early , to make it feel more like a holiday , cheers pal really enjoyed your company . Also you culinary skills were very much appreciated, well done! super grub .

Wont rib you too much just yet , as you have been the butt for a while now , also my siestas will be raised ! don't worry you will get plenty soon .

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Right , sorry that Lucy, Phill, Big Al,Dave53 and a couple of others that had intended to come for various reasons couldn't , i know some of you were gutted , but not to worry it was only a warm up practice lap , just to see if we still liked it ! Also we didn't have nearly as much fun in your abscense.

One thing that we forgot was the crafty competition, i will contact the skinny judge to see if she has reached a decision, hope she can remember , all of the competitors , whether it be cooking , crafting , bribing or even major building tasks . The suspense is killing us all !

I am sure you will all agree, that it was great to have a couple of newbies , on board , thanks Rich and Stuart for making the effort , and judging by your laughter and comments I am sure you both had a good time , and hopefully will return . ( Rich , the cockerell was lovely and worked very well in the dutch oven , oh yeah and that , home made beer bread was delicious , shame the recipe is such a secret ! ) .

skate

Nomad
Apr 13, 2010
East Devon
I think we all know who won the crafty competition with a dazzling unforgettable light show crafted exquisitly from a stick and a glow stick. Also a good bribe to the judge.
What do you mean.......flogging a dead horse :deadhorse:

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Skate , good job you realise , that although your whittling skills are second to none , and the fact you crafted a little beauty for the judge . I had the misfortune to be sat beside you , and yes it was very impressive for five minutes , Jean Michel Jarre etc ,but you will admit it got on your own nerves ! accompanied by various annoying songs , by such esteemed artists as , Kermit The Frog , The Carpenters , etc , so in your own words , continue flogging away !!

Not that i have any influence in the judging . ( Disclaimer )

LRforestschool

Forager
Jun 27, 2011
West Devon
Thanks for missing us, we missed you too.

Glad you all had a great time (who could doubt that you would?). Sorry to have missed it and to have pulled out of doing some food, but some yummy things in the freezer for next time and leaving the beer in its box, and the wine in its bottle and my brandy and ginger wine mix in its flask, until Ivan gives the battle cry next time - and I will be down the road like a whippet - will pump up the tyres on the push bike in case the car fails me again! From this week on I will always finish work at 1pm on a Friday and not work Monday, so a bit more scope there to make a decent weekend of it next time and I can arrive in daylight.

Look forward to meeting the new guys, and those who have been playing hard to get and coming on different days from me.

Big hugs xxx

Don't worry Lucy, you didn't miss much. Skate twiddling with his glowing baton, Rich with a mouth full of cock, Mandi playing footsie with Ivan's log, Jon and Darren erecting their massive structure down the bottom camp, the usual swingers...oh and Dusty touching himself inappropriately...constantly. So nothing you haven't seen already..:D

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
Still need a "Beware Trolls!" sign and half hundred weight of wool offcuts for the bridge before judgement is made :p

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE