Dartmoor 5 ! The Wrap Up Warm Tour !

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Well ! after much deliberation, Dartmoor 5 , is upon us , so I have decided in my wisdom ( limited ) that we will have the first gathering of 2012 , at Dartmoor City Central , ( the usual site )

From 13th to 15th January 2012 .

So be there or be square ...

Please list intentions here..

Usual rules apply ..

kard133

Mar 20, 2010
Bath
I hope to be there, most likely only for the Sat-Sun but I will know for definite by Wednesday. Happy new year to you all:)

LRforestschool

Forager
Jun 27, 2011
West Devon
  1. Ivan
  2. Skate
  3. Jon and Rich
  4. Lucy
Will try for Friday, usually leave work about 5pm. So even you should manage to stay awake until I get there Ivan! x

Oh yes, and thanks to the so and so who floated that name for the meet! Such a wicked sense of humour you lot!

Last edited:

LRforestschool

Forager
Jun 27, 2011
West Devon
Weather is looking cloudy and a bit wet and windy for that weekend so far - depending on where you look for info. We may need a couple of tarps to huddle under.

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
Weather is looking cloudy and a bit wet and windy for that weekend so far - depending on where you look for info. We may need a couple of tarps to huddle under.

Though weather forecasters can't even get it right when looking out the window lol

Sent via tapatalk from my shiny sgs2

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Right ! Hello people , just an update on plans for the meet.

Depending on weather conditions, parking will either be in the field as usual or down the track by the cabin.

The cost will be £10.00 for the weekend , but anyone wishing to make it a longer break can come from Wednesday 11th January ( no extra cost of course ) There are a few bits to be done like , resiting the woodland drop , erecting tarps , gathering firewood etc , so anyone coming early and helping with those tasks there will be no charge , also anyone wanting to stay for the longer option , don't worry as there is more comfortable accomodation , shower etc available.

The meet as ever is not restricted to all ready seasoned members of the Dartmoor gang , so if anybody wants to come and try it out you would be more than welcome , we are a very friendly bunch ( you don't have to stay , you can just come and have a nose ! )

I am planning at least one group meal ,joint in hangi plus veg , but don't feel you have to partake if you don't want to , most of you know the score anyway ( group kettle never leaves the fire ! )

Also if anyone wants to come and tuck themselves away , you are more than welcome and can have your own fire .

Any other questions , or things i have missed just ask .

If anyone has plans for any activities , just shout if materials , planning etc are required, all suggestions gratefully received .

Atb Ivan...

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
dont rush on the work that needs doing, cant get there til early evening on the friday but always happy to jump in on any camp maintainence :)

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Oh forgot to add , those that wish to partake , best spoon carved at the meet ( blanks provided or bring your own ) as judged by my daughter Katie will win a Bahco Laplander Folding Saw ...

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
My dear Adam , you should be a diplomatic envoy sir , it is out of my hands as Katie's decision is final , good point though , these things take time , once i have spoken to her ladyship i will get back to you ..

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Right that does it , i have rang Katie she will deal with you directly , look out ! she is the judge and as i have said before her decision is final ! ( somebody let her know about the upcoming meet , and when i find out who, there will be trouble )

patrols

Tenderfoot
Dec 20, 2011
cornwall
Hi,
I am new to this forum and I would like to come along to this meet if thats ok, if so where is it on Dartmoor? I live in Bude in North cornwall so not to far away.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE