Custom made hatchet job

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

zarkwon

Nomad
Mar 23, 2010
West Riding, Yorkshire
Well I bought this
picture6nz.png
lovely knife from Pepperana (who very kindly sent it even before payment cleared). It is well cared for and good and sharp. Just what I was after.
It's a good job it's a user however as when it came through customs it was obviously opened by a fellow bushcrafter who only had his GB SFA with him.
img0072u.jpg

It came wrapped in customs tape. Why do that to it? What if it was a collectors item and the box added to the value? I've a good mind to complain in fact as if I ever wanted to sell it on in the future then it has lost value. More than anything though I cannot comprehend the arrogant, self important and ignorant mindset the officer must have to think this is the way to go about his or her job.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
No need

It probably looked like a knife on the scanner so what were they expecting to find in there ?

I'd keep the customs tape too and you can always include it in the blurb when you sell it.

zarkwon

Nomad
Mar 23, 2010
West Riding, Yorkshire
Ho hum. Anyway, like I said, it's a user so I'm not that bothered and I have no plans to sell it. Off to Ivan's tomorrow for a look around prior to the Dartmoor Meet so it'll get it's first outing.:D:cool:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE