Crusader Cup Lids

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
ive just been working on a couple of prototype lids these ones are made out of thicker aluminium and have a brushed finnish to them. They still seem to shape ok and I cant see them ever waring out :rolleyes: when I get them all finnished i,ll post up a picture of one.
I should have enough for around ten lids :)

basha

Forager
Aug 9, 2006
kent
ive just been working on a couple of prototype lids these ones are made out of thicker aluminium and have a brushed finnish to them. They still seem to shape ok and I cant see them ever waring out :rolleyes: when I get them all finnished i,ll post up a picture of one.
I should have enough for around ten lids :)

Can I order one? PM sent.

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
I'm s orry to tell everyone that Ive had a total disaster making the new batch of lids.
its taking so long to cut and shape them and there smashing my template to bits to
:aargh4: :aargh4: :aargh4: so theres not going to be any up for grabs at the moment so im so s orry for getting poeples hopes up for nothing :eek:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
No worries Russ - appreciate you trying

Have some utterly pointless rep (a phrase which now merely serves to confuse newer members- so it does have a purpose :))

rED

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Strange how we all seem to come up with a solution to a problem!

I bought my Crusader mug / cooker & BCB lid at the start of summer and instantly took a dislike to the lid. I made one from some scrap aluminium sheet that was in the garage, gave it a coating of staove enamel and the rest is history.

I originally whittled a peg to act as a handle but "borrowed" the idea about picture hooks and the 3 small steam holes from this thread. I am well pleasd with the results and is has served me well so far!

DSC00292.jpg

Simon

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
Ive just orderd a 1m x1m sheet of aluminium sheet of the right thickness should have it by the weekend, seems strange paying for it :werd:
And im going to need to make a new template to but fingers crossed ill have some lids knocked up some time next week :rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE