Crusader Cup Lids

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
I was just wondering how everyone is getting on with there lids ?
Would any one like to do a little review on them ?
It would be nice to see some pictures of them out and about getting used ;)

cheers russ :D

giancarlo

Oct 5, 2003
Jersey, Channel Islands
I just got mine last week but not had a chance to get out with it.
I'll be doing a little review on my blog when I get the chance tho :)

Think Red has some good pics of it in use, even though he's "pimped" it with a black version twist.

Cheers
Carlo

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Russ,

Mine has been really well used. I did "pimp" it with black stove enamel to match my cup. Its now chipped. To match my mug :eek:

It is bloody brilliant - far better than that bit of BCB plastic tat. In fact, when you want to make some more, I'll take 3 please. I think my pics of it in use are well known - I have also sussed out that it works well with a billy hanger attached to the mug (I can do piccs if you wish)

My review

The "Capped Crusader" fits over the cup and is easy to remove after a boil to add coffee, milk etc to your cup. The "D ring on the lid means it can be "hooked" off after prolonged cooking (SAKs have a special tool - Rus's lid id the only real use I have found for it). Post cooking / boiling, the lid is cool enough to pack before the brew is cool enough to drink.

The BCB piece of plastic tat is hard to fit, sticks into the cup meaning you get scalded removing it to add your brew mix. It also has a bloody great hole for the steam to escape increasing brew time.

BCB - absolute crap - costs £2 and not worth it.

Russ's "Capped Crusader". Can't think how to improve it 5*

Red (I really do want 3 more)

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
Pictures from original thread

lid1.jpg

lid2.jpg

My mug may have been in the fire once or twice :cool:

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
I wouldent mind one of these meself as I use my Crusader mug alot these days!

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
I have to agree, and give it 20/10 for every aspect.

When are you going in to full time production on these and your fab cliclstand's ?????:You_Rock_ :You_Rock_ :You_Rock_ :You_Rock_

Was that a BCB one?

Red stop hogging all the stuff! :D

Yep! I was experimenting with an alcohol set up and the flames flared up the front of the mug and melted the plastic - I had to use a blue flame lighter to melt the plastic off the lip of the mug and it took forever (melt, wipe, melt, wipe etc etc).

Russ - free advice - patent and market your design - it's a winner. You can sell your rights to BCB if you don't want to go into commercial manufacture and the British Army, for one, will thank you :D

P.S. Please make some more - I really want one!!

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
I'll have one too, they are a 100 times better than my homemade effort! :notworthy

DSCF0057small.jpg

Although may I humbly suggest drilling a hole or two in the top to let the steam out and tell you when it's boiling?

Cheers,

Alan

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I shall hog only the best stuff then :)

For those who don't know what all the fuss is about

The absolute rubbish BCB lid (better than nothing tbh but if you can get one of Russ's then do)

424906071_aeeb662f23_m.jpg

The Capped Crusader lid "as delivered"

442446801_a816756ce9_m.jpg

The Capped Crusader "post pimping" :eek:

570231418_5624902c89_m.jpg

The Crusader Billy (I will pimp the hanging arm when I remember)

1766159924_1d46a0a524_m.jpg

Red

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I saw an old dented thin aly mess tin up in the woods the other day. I may go and rescue it, didn't have the space at the time to shift all the crap! I reckon I could make a good lid from it after I scrub and disinfect it!

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
I use mine all the time , it's a great job.

It has developed a bit more "character" since this pic was taken :D
DSC00207-1.jpg

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
HHHhhhhhmmmmmmmmm I shall try and be a little more in depth then the others with my review of the lid!!!

Bloomin Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nuf said

(on a more serious not mine gets used all the time in fires, on gas you name it it has never failed, and is still in good shape)

I would deffinatly take another should the opportunity arrise!

Cheers

bushman762

Forager
May 19, 2005
N.Ireland
I seemed to have missed this sale! But if I ever get a s/s mug at the right price, I sure would like a lid. How much where / are they selling at?

Cheers

:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE