Compact Camp Chair

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

markie*mark0

Settler
Sep 21, 2010
warrington
come across this light weight compact camp chair that could be taken on trips where traditional chairs are far too bulky.

alite-monarch-butterfly-chair.jpg

I can find them available in the US at http://www.alitedesigns.com/ but does anyone know of a UK supplier? or builder who supplies them at maybe a better price :)

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Hmmmmm looks clever. Thanks for posting.

I bought one of these at a bootfair last year....

beach_folding_chairs.jpg

Got it home and tested it out and the dang thing folded up like a concertina and I only weigh a meager 13½ stone! Worst £1 I ever spent. So glad no one knew about it.... until now. :eek:

One rule of thumb I have never forgotten is that wood is good in compression (think pit prop etc) whereas metal is good in tension (think towing cable). Those legs on that chair are obviously in compression which would worry me every time I sat in it.

Like I said thanks for posting, but I'll leave that for the lightweights and ladies to buy and use if you don't mind.

benp1

Nomad
Nov 30, 2006
London
I have one, expensive but worth it. Was bought in Canada and brought over though, not available here

I wanted a chair I could put in a daypack and there aren't many options around. Also wanted it for bike touring when i eventually have time. I used it at a track day on Thursday, fitted inside my tank bag, would have had to sit on floor between sessions when I was in the pit garage if I didn't have it

The 4 leg version is available from ultralightoutdoorgear, they're available in the UK under a different name. I haven't seen the 2 leg version here

Humpback

On a new journey
Dec 10, 2006
1/4 mile from Bramley End.
Last edited:

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I bought one after 6 months inner argument and don't regret the purchase it now fits in my kit and replaces a land rover chair. Mine can be seen in the photos of White Rose Wood's last meet. Squidders you will be pleasantly surprised if you take the plunge.
Alan

http://s640.photobucket.com/user/bustyaleep/media/2013-06-08170127_zpse9dbeaf8.jpg.html

Several dozen times I have found myself at the checkout only to give up at the last minute. The chair price is just about OK, it's the postage and import duty that smart a bit too much for me.

Nohoval_Turrets

Sep 28, 2004
Ireland
A friend of mine has one of these - I think the two-legged one, and it's very comfy. Seems very sturdy too. But he got it in the US, so I don't know about getting them on this side.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Eureka! Helinox Chair One? Best be sat comfortably before clicking on the linky thing (generic link, no connections etc) ~ haven't got one, but want one. They're expensive, but comfortable (ymmv). And at least you can relax onto both buttocks at the same time ;) :approve: .

kmac

Tenderfoot
May 13, 2009
London
I looked at the Helinox for canoe camping but the price put me off. Went for this in the end. 1.9Kgs and £10 (Decathlon)

zoom_400PX_asset_71669894.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE