Cold winter approaching?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
The berry thing has nothing to do with winter. It means we had a good spring.

Agreed. We had the best spring I remember, everything had a fantasic start down here. It all went a bit wrong in July though, its been the usual British summer since.

treefrog

Aug 4, 2008
South Yorkshire
Already looking for winter tyres, although finding Nokian WR A3's in 215/55/R17 is like looking for rocking horse poo.
…and Continental don't seem to do the ExtremeWinterContacts in the uk :(

milius2

Maker
Jun 8, 2009
Lithuania
a tale:

An chukchi walks across town. A white man is chopping wood, has a great pile. He ask chukcki: "you know a lot, tell me is it going to be a cold winter?" Chukci: "as far as i can say it looks like it." Ok, so the white man keeps on stacking wood. A few weeks on, the same guy walks by again. The pile has doubled, white man with the same question again: "Is it going to be really cold?" Chukchi: "Very cold indeed!" Not to get short on wood white man keeps on working and doubles that pile again! So he's done now a crazy amount of work... And when chukchi walks by, he jumps on him and ask: "How cold? Very very cold?" . - "Very very cold indeed" shakes his head and walks on. But white man need to know more: "How do you tell the weather, that you this this cold is going to be?" Chukcki: "Well a White Man keeps on piling up the wood" :D :D

have a good day ;)

More on chukcki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chukchi_people

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Some one posted a long range weather forecast a wee while ago.

I've been trying to stock up on wood ever since.

The weather is all over the place. I've noticed the blackberries coming in earlier every yeah.

Andy

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
a tale:An chukchi walks across town. A white man is chopping wood, has a great pile. He ask chukcki: "you know a lot, tell me is it going to be a cold winter?" Chukci: "as far as i can say it looks like it." Ok, so the white man keeps on stacking wood. A few weeks on, the same guy walks by again. The pile has doubled, white man with the same question again: "Is it going to be really cold?" Chukchi: "Very cold indeed!" Not to get short on wood white man keeps on working and doubles that pile again! So he's done now a crazy amount of work... And when chukchi walks by, he jumps on him and ask: "How cold? Very very cold?" . - "Very very cold indeed" shakes his head and walks on. But white man need to know more: "How do you tell the weather, that you this this cold is going to be?" Chukcki: "Well a White Man keeps on piling up the wood" :D :Dhave a good day ;)More on chukcki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chukchi_people
I enjoyed that

Poacher

Tenderfoot
Aug 14, 2006
Kilgarvan, Co.Kerry. ROI
I have one of the stables full of wood and on the way to taking up loads of room in the barn now, poor chooks are getting pushed out!
I could see my own breath at lunchtime on Friday so yes, winter is coming.

tomongoose

Nomad
Oct 11, 2010
Plymouth
Should last a couple of weeks

293422_10150363448826005_510126004_10222848_1936980462_n.jpg

Sideburnt

Apr 7, 2011
Leeds
This feels like a pretty standard British summer, there's definately been a downturn since about 10 years ago, we'd always get a heatwave that would last a few weeks. But apparently not anymore.

I feel pretty shocked that we're into Autumn already, but hey my Summer felt pretty productive. I got myself hitched and saw a lot of Mexico.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Be glad to see the back of all the biting bugs here, not to mention my hayfever!
Its all a lot earlier than last year, nuts, berries leaf colour. I was told by a local old fella to expect another harsh winter :rolleyes: he said the same last year so he is 1 for 1 at the mo :D So taking his advice its all bout insulation at the minute and replacing all the single glazed stuff and old doors, expensive but last year i saw the whole kitchen freeze solid inside and out!

Being prepared is what we all practice so bring it on.

Oh and to repeat above its great to wakeup to snow, I find the sound gives it away well before I raise my eyes above my hammock line and see all that lovely white stuff.... :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE