Day Out Short but sunny.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

saxonaxe

Nomad
Sep 29, 2018
SW Wales
After a morning of.." Ah! so that's where that is" in other words, sorting out kit, :laugh: the sunshine outside became too good to resist, so I went for a short walk in the woods.
Spring is here without a doubt, the Wild Flowers are everywhere in the local woods.

The bank below the wall which once surrounded the long since demolished Manor House is awash with Daffodils, Primroses and Snowdrops.

Soon the green leaves of the Wild Irises springing from the water of the lake will be topped by the bright yellow blooms, and the dark recesses of the lake will join in the annual colour change.

Meanwhile The Admiral soaks up the warm sun and hardly bothers to move as I walk by.

In amongst the Pine trees where I stopped for a brew many of the storm damaged trees are still weeping the rising sap which scents the air, especially today in the warmth of the Sun.

It's brew time and almost unlayer down to T shirt time too..Just bird song and the smell of Pines in the warm air here, the rest of the world is far away.

On the way home I noticed something that amused me, the animal world showing just how adaptable they can be if required.
A storm damaged tree down and the plate of earth about it's roots torn from the ground. This obviously obstructed the normal trail, I suspect Fox judging by the prints in the soft soil of the stream edges. Noticeable at a distance, and clearer in the second photo.

I followed the trail and prints and could see that the route had been severely obstructed by the plate of earth on the fallen tree roots..but only temporarily, as a hole had been excavated straight through the loose earth. Obviously too lazy to walk all the way round, so Foxey simply tunnelled through to make life easier..and left his footprints and scratch marks on the loose soil to tell the tale.

A walk up the Daffodil covered bank to the old wall and a view of the lake in the late afternoon sun, home is two minutes away.

:thumbsup:

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
"Just bird song and the smell of Pines in the warm air here, the rest of the world is far away."

:) Lovely write up. Roughly like, whereabouts is this?

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Lovely trip along Ta.

I was able to Smell the rain the other day as it was just warm enough for the first time this year.

Reactions: saxonaxe

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE