Cold winter approaching?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
A

andyBruce

HI guys,

I don't know if anybody has noticed, or even what it's like outside of Devon, but....

The leaves are a-changing! several tree's leaves are changing colour and dropping! is this quite early or just my imagination?

Also the Rowan trees are heavy with berries, a sure sign of a cold winter approaching!?

Please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm far from an old wife's tale expert!

Andy

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Autumn is well underway around here... Sycamore leaves where changing color a month ago :p

On the plus side (for me anyways) really looking forwards to winter hammocking in - temps!

al.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I've only got about twenty cubic metres of seasoned logs in....do I need more? :)

I wish I had the space to store that much. I've got about 5 cubic metres, I think but we use the fire to supplement the GCH.

Makes me laugh when you see people with a small B&Q log store full of logs who think that should be enough! I reckon we get through a full log basket a day. At 40 litres, a true cubic metre of wood would last 25 days.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hi Andy , if all the wise old codgers on Dartmoor are correct , in our area in particular, we is gunna ave it worse than last year bey !and that was bad ! i have noticed a lot of leaf fall and litter in the last couple of days , and as others have said the rowans are heavily laden with berries , oh well just better be prepared ..

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Autumn started in August.

2 years ago it started in November.

All the berries are ready early, lots of leaves dropping, its gonna get cold and its going to be prolonged.

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Nah, just one of these with an Eberspächer heater...

bordon2.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/embed/SDaV-w2m3M8

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
My step father works for some of the companies that maintain the gas supply infrastructure of the UK, they use their own weather prediction models for long range forecasts, all gas, electric grid companies are making preparations for an extremely cold winter period! :D

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE