Cold callers!!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland, looking at mountains
I had a very friendly young lady ring up and launch into her spiel about some unnecessary house improvement promo in our area, etc. I listened politely until I could get a word in edgeways, then told her we were signed up to tps and she shouldn't be calling me. She then gave me a mouthful and hung up !

Quite a few hang up when you mention tps, which I find quite an achievement but rather rude, so I will be noting down a few details first in future.

NS

jonquirk

Tenderfoot
Sep 24, 2007
Guildford
When I lived in a shared house I answered the door one sunday morning to a pair of god-squad, denomination not determined. I not naturally rude to people and I was racking my brains for a way to get rid of them when my landlord saved the day. He called out "John, come back to bed." Quickly I said to the hapless pair "Got to go, bye." and slammed the door as their jaws dropped.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
A uni friend of mine was regularly visited by the JW's and early one morning answered the door wearing just her dressing gown - this didn't seem to deter them till she casually asked " will you be much longer as I have a client waiting!"

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I'm not suggesting that this is a way to deal with cold callers. However, at the moment I'm being called several times a day - by a fax machine trying to connect to my landline :censored: .

SA_0664_small.jpg

Andy80F

Jun 30, 2010
Poole, Dorset
I tend to listen just long enough to determine who the caller is and if they start the "how are you today" type of conversation then its a quick "what do you want?. If its a cold caller it'll be a hang up and forget. My wife however tend to get in to the "sorry, no" type of reply and will be sucked into a conversation. It seems I get few cold calls, she gets plenty and I was once told that responses are graded by some companies and those who are likely to engage are scored as such.

Andy

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I once offended some religious door to door callers by saying "Oh I'm sorry, you seem to have the wrong century". I shut the door while they were standing there speechless.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE