Coil Stove, as promissed...:)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
whooooop whoooooooop

hows this then.

i managed to fix the problem, it was easy, the pressure was not quite enough, the bolt was leaking a bit, i put a rubber washer on it which does 2 things, 1 stops the leek and builds the pressure, 2 acts as an emergency escape release if the pressure get to high being the weak link it will pop out releasing the pressure to safe levels...

jobs a fish.....;)

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
pic's are a bit poop but it workes and cost me very little money, i have an idea for a pot stand made from a bean tin, it should boil quite well with a wind shield/pot stand...

i also already have an idea for a MK 2 which will be a fully sustained stove that you can stand the pot on, a wind shield of thick foil could be added for winter days...

just so you all know, i bent the pipe filled with sugar and crimped ends, it worked ok but was a bit kinkey...(in a bad way)

mikeybear

Forager
Feb 15, 2010
UK
Looks good lannyman , could you solder the pipe perhaps ? I've soldered copper pipe , just never on to a tin can.

Cheers

MB

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I'd rather use compression fittings as if you're worried about JB Weld & heat, you shouldn't trust solder either...

JB Weld has held my car exhausts on for 7 years now so can't be too bad!

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
I'd rather use compression fittings as if you're worried about JB Weld & heat, you shouldn't trust solder either...

JB Weld has held my car exhausts on for 7 years now so can't be too bad!

i think it will be ok, the heat is all at the top coil, and its glued inside and out, the inside should stay cold due to the meths...:)

Biker

Most impressive that. I think you've started a new hobby.... aside from losing your eyebrows. :lmao:

So wat's the MPG burn rate on something like this? Eats fuel at a fantastic rate of knots but delivers a faster boil time, I'm guessing.

My fingers are actually twitching to give something like that a go but if it goes through fuel like there's no tomorrow I'll just stic with my boring old Lynx effect alchy tin and be happy with the casual way it cooks. Really imprsseive Lannyman

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Most impressive that. I think you've started a new hobby.... aside from losing your eyebrows. :lmao:

So wat's the MPG burn rate on something like this? Eats fuel at a fantastic rate of knots but delivers a faster boil time, I'm guessing.

My fingers are actually twitching to give something like that a go but if it goes through fuel like there's no tomorrow I'll just stic with my boring old Lynx effect alchy tin and be happy with the casual way it cooks. Really imprsseive Lannyman

thanks mate, im still testing etc etc etc, only finished making it tonight, have plans for upgrades already... im going to try it on kero as i can get some from work from time to time...;)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I am *so* not showing my menfolks this thread :rolleyes: Three of them build live steam model engines, can you just see how much mischief they could get up to with this ??

Me ? I think it looks great Chris, just, y'know, keep your face out of the way of it :)

atb,
M

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
I am *so* not showing my menfolks this thread :rolleyes: Three of them build live steam model engines, can you just see how much mischief they could get up to with this ??

Me ? I think it looks great Chris, just, y'know, keep your face out of the way of it :)

atb,
M

thanks Mary....:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE