Made myself a rocket stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bazzworx

Mar 5, 2009
North Wilts
I’m a fellow stick burner, though nothing like as sophisticated as your machine. It really is splendid.

Might you be trying different woods or is it a workshop odds and ends burner.
By stove/kettle gets what it’s given at home but when out with the tent I try to take at least a hard wood with me, Ash if possible. I’m always impressed the first time I burn ash after an interval of general tree-wood.
I do not know whether you will find the same with your more efficient rocket.

I didn't make it with a use in mind to be honest, it was just because I had the box section left over from a previous project and I was fed up with moving it around,

The reason I used soft wood was because I wanted a fast, hot fire to test the boil time but I think it would have been too hot for cooking my bacon which I did as it was burning out with the odd stick being added. I will try it with hard wood though as I'm sure it would give a longer burn time without the need for refueling so often and also a better bed of embers.

Reactions: Pattree

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE