Clickstand for Trangia

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Daniel

Nomad
Apr 20, 2005
Berkshire
Hi,

Anyone know where I can buy a clickstand to use with a trangia burner? I know Bearclaw used to sell them but they don't seem to anymore. Have contacted Gary but havn't heard anything back yet, so thought I'd ask you lot ;) .

Cheers,
Dan :)

Daniel

Nomad
Apr 20, 2005
Berkshire
Cheers Ahjno, not sure why I couldn't find that site when I googled clickstand?

Edit: Ahh, I spelt it with a c... :rolleyes:

Not sure if they post to UK though. There must be a UK distributer of these. Anyone know? :confused:

Cheers,
Dan

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
Daniel said:
Cheers Ahjno, not sure why I couldn't find that site when I googled clickstand?

Edit: Ahh, I spelt it with a c... :rolleyes:

Not sure if they post to UK though. There must be a UK distributer of these. Anyone know? :confused:

Cheers,
Dan

They do post to the UK, I bought one from em direct yonks ago. :)

Daniel

Nomad
Apr 20, 2005
Berkshire
Cheers Martyn. In the end I was kindly offered one at a good price by one of the guys here.

Looking forward to trying it out! :)

Martyn

Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
Daniel said:
Cheers Martyn. In the end I was kindly offered one at a good price by one of the guys here.

Looking forward to trying it out! :)

Great bit of kit mate, especially paired up with a 12cm zebra billy. :)

It's like a more compact, lighter, stainless steel version of the Swedish army kit.

Martyn

Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
Daniel said:
Next thing to buy, a zebra billy... :rolleyes:

Good choice. :)

10cm is too small, 12cm is the right size and the clickstand fits inside pefectly. Notice I modified my 12cm billy by cutting the bail arm off...

stove012.jpg

stove013.jpg

I then used a piece of steel cable from B&Q to make a hanger, so the pot can still be used over an open fire...

stove005.jpg

stove004.jpg

I also cut an inch of the end of a trangia pot grabber so it would fit inside the top of the billy...

stove015.jpg

Clickstand and trangia stove also fits inside the 12 cm billy...

stove014.jpg

Then it all packs up neat - I found a trangia strap fits nicely through the bail-arm brackets to secure the pot. This photo shows the 12cm billy, with the clickstand, windshield, billy inner pot, new wire bail, trangia pot grabber and trangia burner all inside. It doesnt even rattle. :)

stove003.jpg

Did this lot ages ago and have used this setup as my backpack kitchen ever since. I'm very happy with it. I dont go out much, I'm not a real bushcrafter you see, but I've every reason to think this setup would work well for anyone. Oh, it's a little lighter than the Swedish army kit too - though the cooker part (the clickstand) isnt as robust.

KevB

Forager
Oct 19, 2005
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
I've just ordered a Clikstand from Scott Reiners website www.clikstand.com - they will despatch to the UK for an extra 4$ but a word of warning... I got Post Office collection ticket sitting in front of me asking for an extra £13.30 by customs for VAT and 'handling charges' !
Thats a hefty whack on a piece of kit that was only $29 originally.
I've tried a number of experiments for creating home made burner stands but the burn times and fuel efficiency just dont match what they claim for the clikstand so I bit the bullet and ordered one.
I will be collecting it tomorrow and trying it out this week. Hopefully it'll prove it's worth.

Hellz

Nomad
Sep 26, 2003
Kent, England
www.hellzteeth.com
Anyone used the Trangia Mini? That looks like a good lightweight setup. Sort of thing I'd like to take with my Trangia kettle for a brew up on the downs :D

Seeing as I can't find a UK distributor for clikstands... (hint hint) :rolleyes:

Hellz

capacious

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 7, 2005
Swansea
KevB said:
I've just ordered a Clikstand from Scott Reiners website www.clikstand.com - they will despatch to the UK for an extra 4$ but a word of warning... I got Post Office collection ticket sitting in front of me asking for an extra £13.30 by customs for VAT and 'handling charges' !
Thats a hefty whack on a piece of kit that was only $29 originally.
I've tried a number of experiments for creating home made burner stands but the burn times and fuel efficiency just dont match what they claim for the clikstand so I bit the bullet and ordered one.
I will be collecting it tomorrow and trying it out this week. Hopefully it'll prove it's worth.

Hey,

Just so I get this right, did you pay $33.95 for the stand, inc. delivery? And then £13.30?

Thanks,

Jake.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE