Clickstand for Trangia

jason01

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 24, 2003
To be honest I thought they were a lot more than that, for some reason I had it in my mind that they were about £50 for the kit when they were available in the UK?

KevB

Forager
Oct 19, 2005
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
capacious said:
Hey,

Just so I get this right, did you pay $33.95 for the stand, inc. delivery? And then £13.30?

Thanks,

Jake.

Yep...!
I was a bit surprised at the Customs charge so on picking up the parcel I queried it. Seems Scott made a mistake at the US postal end and wrote the parcel value as $92 instead of $29 on the ticket. This meant I got charged VAT on the $92 plus the customs standard £4 handling charge.
To be fair to Scott he was very understanding and has reimbursed me the extra VAT I paid at his own expense.
So total cost for the stand alone was $33.95 + $4 + 17.% of $29 + £4. Cant be bothered to convert that all to £'s at this time of night.
Thats expensive I know. Normaly I would have continued experimenting and come up with something cheap and servicable at home. However I'm now going through another rationalization of my pack weight for an up and coming trip and with the DIY etc on the go to keep the wife happy, time is at a premium. A bit of web research shows that the clickstand has very good reviews and would be had to beat on performance with any home made kit. So... with no UK distributors I took the plunge.
Am now looking forward to getting a brew on ASAP !

Grez

Forager
Apr 16, 2005
-
If I have worked it out right, using current exchange rates then I get £28.78

$33.95 = £19.56
$ 4 = £2.30
17.5% of $29 = £2.92 + £4 = £6.92
TOTAL = £28.78

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Hellz said:
Anyone used the Trangia Mini? That looks like a good lightweight setup. Sort of thing I'd like to take with my Trangia kettle for a brew up on the downs :D

Seeing as I can't find a UK distributor for clikstands... (hint hint) :rolleyes:

Hellz

I have a mini trangia and its quite a good setup.

I made a windscreen for it out of two strips of aluminium sheet, one has rivets in it that the other rests on and the windscreen fits nicely into the pot.
The aluminium sheet is about .2 of a mm thick and was something to do with printing sheet so I got it for nowt.

Daniel

Nomad
Apr 20, 2005
Berkshire
I currently use a mini trangia, and they're brilliant! I haven't yet found any stove setup that I prefer more.

The reason I bought the clikstand is part of my current 'project' of downsizing all my kit to fit into a smaller sack, and to carry less weight.

I would still use the trangia on long trips, where I want a pot and frying pan, but for most trips I'm hoping the clikstand and a steel mug will be all I need.

capacious

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 7, 2005
Swansea
KevB said:
Yep...!
I was a bit surprised at the Customs charge so on picking up the parcel I queried it. Seems Scott made a mistake at the US postal end and wrote the parcel value as $92 instead of $29 on the ticket. This meant I got charged VAT on the $92 plus the customs standard £4 handling charge.
To be fair to Scott he was very understanding and has reimbursed me the extra VAT I paid at his own expense.
So total cost for the stand alone was $33.95 + $4 + 17.% of $29 + £4. Cant be bothered to convert that all to £'s at this time of night.
Thats expensive I know. Normaly I would have continued experimenting and come up with something cheap and servicable at home. However I'm now going through another rationalization of my pack weight for an up and coming trip and with the DIY etc on the go to keep the wife happy, time is at a premium. A bit of web research shows that the clickstand has very good reviews and would be had to beat on performance with any home made kit. So... with no UK distributors I took the plunge.
Am now looking forward to getting a brew on ASAP !

Thanks. I've been in contact with Scott and he seems a great bloke. Now all I need is some money... Anyone feeling generous? :p

Thanks again,

Jake.

Also, I might be able to wangle a discount on a group buy on them, so if anyone is interested PM me.

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
capacious said:
Also, I might be able to wangle a discount on a group buy on them, so if anyone is interested PM me.

Thing to remember is that if these are sent singly and the correct value is put o them they fall below the threshold for importing goods so there will be no VAT and import tax. If you do a group but the parcel will almost certainly incur VAT and import tax.

capacious

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 7, 2005
Swansea
Actually there is VAT on single ones, but no import tax as far as I can figure out.

Thanks thogh, I could use the advice of the group buy master :notworthy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE