Circular saw blades

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Found what looked to be a promising skip but there wasnt much of interest in it.

I did find a metal cover thingy that will make a nice windbreak for a stove and two 7.5 inch circular saw blades.

Any use to them?

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
As Hillbilly says they are usually decent steel and make for good blades.

Personally I've been turning them into bowls recently.
image.jpg

image.jpg

All the best
Andy

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
One fella made a knife sharpener from the tungsten pieces in the teeth ( if they have them). Two in a v formation, it makes a good source for bespoke fixed angle sharpeners, I suppose if you do it differently, you could thin the primary bevel out as the knife wears. I think they would have to be tungsten in good nick though. ( also make really exellent frisbies, but pehaps for the soleuse of kids and dogs that you wish to get rid of)

richardhomer

Settler
Aug 23, 2012
STOURBRIDGE
It was John Heisz that made the sharpener ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHkTijUHtmU ). He's done some amazing stuff.

That's a great idea, Thanks for sharing the video. Iv never seen that one before.
I have a blade tech sharpener. That use's tungsten carbide set at angels to sharpen a blade. I have found them good at giving a sharp edge. But the size of them makes them very fiddly to use.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE