Christmas presents ideas

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

milius2

Maker
Jun 8, 2009
Lithuania
Hi folk,
this year me and some of my maties (8 people) decided that we swap pressents... And the idea is that all of them must be hand made. Well, girls say they'll write poems :DDD anyway, I was just wondering maybe you'd share some good tips and tricks of things you can do, like simple carved things, or some practical stuff you can do and give as presents.

Thank you

milius2

Maker
Jun 8, 2009
Lithuania
Thanks :) Yeaa, a kuksa or two is something they'd not expect. They know about me and spoons :D there is a lot of laugh about it. Maybe some wierd shaped spoons would surprise too.
Wodka - dead easy and very usefull! I can get moonshine witch would even add more fun to the whole thing! I'm making wine at the moment but it wont be ready by that time.
Bracelets - very good idea, maybe I can get some blackened oak (you know the one they pull up from underwater) and make something from it... A ring for myself :D

Wow, that is turning out nice. Need to make a "to do list".

Last edited:

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Yes, it would be great if you got a poem in return.

I hate poetry (though theres some I can stand, the Kalevala...)

irishlostboy

Nomad
Dec 3, 2007
Eire
here are a few of my prezzies for people this year.
76071_1624838030369_1519073567_1597094_6160714_n.jpg

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
when me and the Mrs first moved in we were proper skint so i made some fake money,...lol..

i used photoshop and where it says "I PROMISE TO PAY THE BEARER, ON DEMAND THE SUM OF,......."

I followed with slushy stuff like "a cuddle" or "one pot washing session" you get the idea,...

and made them A4 sized colour and she "spent them" at the "bank of Stu Raikey" throughout the year,...(i think she still has 2 or 3 "mow the lawns" left)

hahah so not difficult to change the cuddles to something more manly like " a lift home from the pub"

or "help with the decorating"

ok its not bushcrafty (unless you put them in a handmade wallet) and its all stuff you'd gladly do for your mates anyway, but just sort of confirms it to them,...

Cheers

Stu

not too difficult to change

badgeringtim

Nomad
May 26, 2008
cambridge
hmm things made for presents;
knifes (not the blades just the handles) & sheaths
pouches, purses
bowls, butter paddles, spoons, needles.
Attendence on a course (ok cheeting but i had to arrange the course),
Neclaces from wood and slate,
Jam, chutney, fruit gin/brandy/vodka (whichever your poison is).
Marzipan, gingerbread, xmas cake.
Ring (Rosewood),
Fenalor
Things i want to do;
more bowls and spoons, spatulas
sosages - UK and dried style
Dried meats.

hm that'll do for now...

milius2

Maker
Jun 8, 2009
Lithuania
when me and the Mrs first moved in we were proper skint so i made some fake money,...lol..

i used photoshop and where it says "I PROMISE TO PAY THE BEARER, ON DEMAND THE SUM OF,......."

I followed with slushy stuff like "a cuddle" or "one pot washing session" you get the idea,...

and made them A4 sized colour and she "spent them" at the "bank of Stu Raikey" throughout the year,...(i think she still has 2 or 3 "mow the lawns" left)

hahah so not difficult to change the cuddles to something more manly like " a lift home from the pub"

or "help with the decorating"

ok its not bushcrafty (unless you put them in a handmade wallet) and its all stuff you'd gladly do for your mates anyway, but just sort of confirms it to them,...

Cheers

Stu

not too difficult to change

That's an awesome idea !!! :D

Thanks lot, nice things here. Loads of work to come :D now I want to make presents to everyone :D :D

Last edited:

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
what about a hamper with a selection of jams and pesto's for example you could do them all at one then just divide between friends! i'm doing something similar myself this year as i'm completely brasic and ive managed to forage most of whe i need!

Dave

Tjurved

Nomad
Mar 13, 2009
Sweden
Bushcraft christmas tree decoration. It is quite enviromentalfriendly also compared to the toxic plastic crap that most have in their house at christmas...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE