Christmas Moot - 9/10th Dec 2006

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 5, 2006
Cambridge
Tony said:
Anyone that wants to do something at the Christmas Moot speak up and people can have a think. I’d like to make some traditional Christmas crafts, wreaths and the like, if there’s people coming that know how to do this then let me know. I could make it up but I bet there’s a few tricks :D

I was also thinking the other day that it would be great if there’s anyone that can play some music, if you’ve got a transportable instrument; Guitar, tin whistle etc bring it along.

Hi Tony,
I am making Christmas wreaths now, I will bring one along.

D

dave038

would love to go, but need to see if i can get my car sorted should be on the road by the 5th december but not sure so do you have a cutoff date for last tickets? also bit more info on where in missenden would be great. never been down that neck of the woods...
Thanks

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
Would it be OK to ask for a listing of names of people paid up to come Tony? Then I can see who else is coming and confirm that you got the payment.

Adi

Nomad
Dec 29, 2004
I know of at least 4 people that have asked were this meet is actually going to be held. Comments are already being made about it all being fishy and that Tony is going to do a runner with the money!

Can some one please tell those that have paid were this is being held and at least give a better idea of location for those that want to plan to come but dont know if they can get there yet.

A number of people have sent PMs to Tony re the location but they have all been ignored.

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
Adi Fiddler, the first post says much about where it is, ie between Princes Risborough and Gt Missenden. If you look in your road maps index you will find either of these two towns. They are in Buckinghamshire. Does this help?
Swyn.

Adi

Nomad
Dec 29, 2004
Swyn no does not help really; there are 9 km of highly populated countryside between the two locations mentioned. Looking at the map for the area there are more building than i care to count and not one of the building is titled "Barn as used in Midsummer Murders!". I can see OS have added Wardrobes to the map but they neglected to add Set.

My nav is good but it ain't that good that i can guess a location in a 9k grid.

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
Adi and others who are anxious about committing themselves to this Moot should not really be worried. It is happening. It is in a big 100'x40' shed. It is on a private forestry Estate in The Chilterns between PR and GM.
Please understand that we have sensitive neighbours and I feel that to broadcast the grid ref ot the venue early on would not be good behavior.
To those who have committed themselves to coming and have paid thanks! We can't afford a flight out of the country on this so will be sending details to you soon. ;) To those who are thinking of coming on an ad hoc basis, welcome. This is an informal family gathering and details (Grid ref, etc) will be posted during the week before, if that is acceptable.
Regards from Swyn.

Reactions: Ed

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Cheers for the upate Swyn. I should have read the earlier posts better. I should be able to make it to Bucks. I am interested in wandering around your woodland.

Its your land your rules. I can understand your reluctance to post the grid on here

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
That explaines the position a bit better, thanks for that Swyn. Those that have paid have been sent the details. As Swyn pointed out, we’ll put more info up on the location closer to the time.

It’s going to be a great Moot, relaxing and comfortable. We’ll do some cooking and some crafts as well as share what knowledge and skills we can. There’s also plenty of space for walking and having an adventure.

peds8045

Sep 4, 2005
Telford, Shropshire
Is there a chance that we could arrive on the Friday afternoon and leave on the Sunday? Following some very recent discussions I know that i am not alone when i say that some people do not want to make the trip and the associated fuel costs for one night.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE