Charity Auction - Linen Thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Hi guys, a few of you may know that I'm in a team of 4 taking part in this years Trailwalker UK - 100km in under 30 hours with the proceeds going to Oxfam and the Gurkha Welfare Trust. We've pledged to raise £1500 and so have managed to top £1000 with a few more fundraisers to come.

Our very own Toddy (thanks again) has just sent me 4 rolls of linen thread ready for auction:

2 cops of very fine quality Barbour Campell linen thread - 18/3 ply, around 900m to a cop. Being completely naive with this I spoke to Toddy earlier and her description was "a fairly hefty thread that is ideally suited to hand sewing leather, machine sewing canvas or for making fine snares and fishing lines and nets, this thread won't need to be plied to sew leather, but since it's beautiful quality Barbour Campbell stuff it's smooth and easy to use. It does ply well to make beautiful bow strings.

The other 2 rolls are smaller rolls of 100% linen thread unbleached.

What I was planning on doing with this is a blind auction, pm your bid individually or other and then next Saturday 12th I'll work out the highest bidders (or combinations that will give the most money to charity.)

Payment will be via www.justgiving.com/team_chappers

(anyone who doesn't want to bid but would like to support us using this link would also be greatly appreciated). :You_Rock_

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Could you indicate what sort of donation you are asking for per roll? Just as an indicator. Many thanks.

I'm keen - both for thread and to help out the Gurkhas.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Hi Dougster, I usually sell the big cops for £15 and the smaller reels at £3.95

The small cops are a lovely thread to sew with. I import them from Eastern Europe and they are untreated so they will take both stain and wax very evenly, but are fine enough for arrow fletchings and hand sewing garments too.

The larger cops are Barbour Campbell, before they were sold out to India, and have been kept in good dry conditions. Just beautiful stuff.

If you would like samples please pm with an address and I'll post some to you.

cheers,
Toddy

p.s. I don't sell on the forum so please don't consider this an advert folks.

leon-1

Hi Dougster, I usually sell the big cops for £15 and the smaller reels at £3.95

The small cops are a lovely thread to sew with. I import them from Eastern Europe and they are untreated so they will take both stain and wax very evenly, but are fine enough for arrow fletchings and hand sewing garments too.

The larger cops are Barbour Campbell, before they were sold out to India, and have been kept in good dry conditions. Just beautiful stuff.

If you would like samples please pm with an address and I'll post some to you.

cheers,
Toddy

p.s. I don't sell on the forum so please don't consider this an advert folks.

If this is the same as I have Mary I can attest to the quality of it.

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Well done to Mesquite for winning the bid on one of the large and one of the small cops. I'll PM you in a minute for details.

I have one large and one small cop left so I'm open to offers if you want to PM me and I'll choose the highest again on Saturday the 26th (after the trailwalker.)

Cheers for the interest it really is appreciated.

Matt

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE