"Members Makes" Charity Auction Appeal....for Teenage Cancer Trust

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I know many of you are aware of the fabulous fundraising Karen (Magikelly's much better half) does for the Teenage Cancer Trust

I became aware a while ago when I read this

Karen is running the London Marathon next year. She is raising money for the Teenage Cancer Trust. This is a charity we have had a lot of involvement with. Andrew Delaney a local teenager died of cancer and through the work of his family the Teenage Cancer Trust has become the local charity of choice.

Karen recently ran a charity fashion show in aid of the TCT. The models at this event were all patients or former patients.

This event was a great success and we managed to raise £4500 for the TCT. Sadly just this week, one of the models Claire Shannon died.

Fashion%20shots%20156.jpg

I still look at that photo when I'm feeling a bit grumpy or sorry for myself....then count my blessings :eek:

Anyway, Karen is running two marathons this year - Edinburgh as well as London. Details are here

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39087

Now I thought it would be interesting if a few of us could put in something we made (or some little thing thats surplus to needs) into a pot and then auction of the "prize collection".

As John put it

A list here of things people are willing to put in for auction, either surplus to their needs or something they can make up or are willing to do. We will leave the list open for about a week then I will post a auction thread with the items being auctioned off individually or in sets if that is appropriate

1) MagiKelly; Leather Journal with winners name on it and with or without SotP embossing as this thread http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23987 and I will include a space pen as well.

journal_47.jpg

2) British Red: Stone bottle (500ml) of raspberry brandy selaed with cork and sealing wax...(if over 18) otherwise alternative prize......

3370793976_cbd91afb6d_o.jpg

So has anyone got something they would like to "put into the pot"?

Red

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
I'll donate a leather sheath for a laplander saw - winners choice of black or brown finish

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
Thank you all. All Hugh says it is truly humbling when you see what some of these teenagers have to cope with.

The groom from the last TCT fashion show we ran is Alistair Boyd who was told in the middle of last year that he is now beyond treatment and would only have a few months left. Well Alistair is still with us and has spent the last 6 months giving talks and raising money, well in excess of £100000 so far. He is not feeling sorry for himself and asking why him, he is out there trying to make things better for others. Given this example it is hard to feel as if we are hard done by in our lives.

Again than you all for your generosity.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Great gesture once again guys

Unfortunately I have the craft ability of a slug so can't offer anything personal.

I will willingly offer a piece of bushy gear into the kitty though, unless you want to keep it "handmade" and start another bushy loot thread ?

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Anything and everything welcome Shewie

and thank you to all the kind souls who have donated an item for the auction

truly you know "the spirit of the campfire"

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Excellent news guys....a running list

1) A leather journal (Magikelly)
2) A bottle of raspberry brandy (BR)
3) A DPM Shelter Sheet (Simon M)
4) A laplander leather sheath (G4GHB)
5) A Dragons Breath flint and steel firelighting set (John Fenna)
6) A multitool (CBJ)
7) "Something leather" :eek: (Blacksheep)
8) A kuksa (Shewie)
9) A handmade knife (JohnC)
10) A leather sheath (Rancid Badger)

Thats a fantastic set of items - thank you :You_Rock_

Barney

Settler
Aug 15, 2008
Lancashire
A 45mm homemade leather belt, Bushcraft stylee with loads of holes and solid brass fittings.

Cancer is not nice no matter how old you are!

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Thanks you Ratbgag and Barney - you are very kind!

That makes a nice even dozen items:)

I'll drop Magikelly a note on how best to set up the auction!

Red

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
I'll provide an individual FAK and a 35mm Canon EOS 1000 cw 35-80 AF zoom lens fitted, I'll even chuck in a couple of films to go with it if you'll have them.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE