Car Seats

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mat

Forager
Nov 20, 2003
Hampshire
I guess you probably all know about the changes regarding child seats but just in case you don't have a look at Fact Sheet FS320006. Essentially if a child is under 12 AND under 135 cms they need to use an appropriate child restraint.

Our Troop is taken the approach "If you want us to transport your son and he is under 12 and under 135 cms, please provide the right car seat or provide your own transport"

Bit of a can of worms this one, so well worth looking into ...

Mat

Zodiak

Settler
Mar 6, 2006
Kent UK
Mat said:
Our Troop is taken the approach "If you want us to transport your son and he is under 12 or under 135 cms, please provide the right car seat or provide your own transport"
Mat
May I make one slight edit please? ;)

If you want us to transport your son OR DAUGHTER!!! and THEY ARE under 12 or under 135 cms, please provide the right car seat or provide your own transport :lmao:

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
There is an allowance for "one off short journeys" designed to allow for an unexpected journey and taxis are also exempt. I will try and find the proper wording.

This is from Times online,
Any exceptions? The only exceptions will be children in the rear of taxis with no child seat and those making “unplanned journeys”; ie, emergency trips or taking an occasional lift from a friend in cars where no restraint is fitted.

Would a lift to camp be covered under occasional lift from a friend?

Mat

Forager
Nov 20, 2003
Hampshire
Good point Zodiak! We are still a male only Troop so I keep forgetting to include girls!

I don't think a lift to camp would be covered as an occasional trip. If, heaven forbid, you did have an accident on the way to camp whilst transporting Scouts, and the Police found out it was planned, you'd be in trouble. Only my opinion though ...

Mat

Zodiak

Settler
Mar 6, 2006
Kent UK
Goose said:
Would a lift to camp be covered under occasional lift from a friend?
No, we had a presentation from County tonight about this and the new fire regs, complaints procedure,... zzzzz

We must always PLAN to provide them, its only acceptbale to go without if something goes wrong, like a parent providing transport breaks down and we end up shuffling kids and seats.

miniac

Forager
Sep 1, 2005
Rainham, Essex, UK
hi fella's,

Seat booster's are NOT NEEDED in minibus's. Check out www.scoutbase.co.uk Put seat boosters into the search bit, the fact sheet should be listed.

The belts we have in our van adjust down to the wearers shoulder so we can fit the belt to each individual. Worth checking your ones out for that option.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE