Can't reply in Member classifieds...?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

outdoorgirl

Sep 25, 2004
nr Minehead
I have PM'd the seller, but I can't reply to Moine's post in Member Classifieds... I get an error suggesting I don't have permissions for that?

Surely anyone can reply to a thread in that forum?

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
I think the problem is that to sell things you have to be a supporting or full member so that is worked out by only letting those people post in the classified forum.

You can still buy stuff by pm'ing the seller just as you have done. It stops people signing up and selling stuff immediately which might not be genuine. The £5 membership will hopefully put off scammers.

outdoorgirl

Sep 25, 2004
nr Minehead
OK, no problem. I would have thought there would be a way to stop certain levels of member/guest from starting a thread as well, so that if you didn't know about the PM system, you could still buy? It might help open the market up for those full members selling?

(I got what I wanted, though... :eek:): )

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
BCUK dont charge buyers or sellers for transactions on the site... so its nice for people wanting to trade to give something back.. as tenbears has said the PM system is always avalible so it doesnt stop anyone buying.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE