canoe paddle help

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
I was just inquiring with a company in canada about canoe paddles, he does patches of five blank canoe paddles at a cost of around $129 canadian dollars. I can't remember the exact amount but with postage costs it comes to £219 english pounds. Ive looked at companies in the uk and I cant find any that sell blank paddles (they are `unfinished - they need a final sanding, he sells them that way so they can be pyrographed and such)

even with the postage costs that doesnt like a bad deal, but surely somewhere in the UK must sell unfinished paddles?

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Yes it seems to be quite popular to decorate paddles in canada, infact has been for centuries. I just love drawing on things and as a functional object it seems to be a really good idea. Ill see if I can get some cheap paddles in first Jojo, as i don't want to wreck anybodies property!

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
Yes it seems to be quite popular to decorate paddles in canada, infact has been for centuries. I just love drawing on things and as a functional object it seems to be a really good idea. Ill see if I can get some cheap paddles in first Jojo, as i don't want to wreck anybodies property!

Somehow, I doubt you'd wreck it, Lindsey. Anyway, the offer still stands. I'll be happy to pay for you doing it. It's a one piece American Ash Northwood paddle. I would take the varnish off it first though!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE