Can Modern British Army Assault boots be resoled?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Magentus

Settler
Oct 1, 2008
West Midlands
Having been wearing a pair of the issue army assault boots for a week now, (they were given to me practically unused and luckily I didn't pay for them), the sole is literally falling apart! I have since read about the 5 year shelf life. The rest of the boot is fine though and so I wondered whether anyone has any experience of having theirs resoled.

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
Yes they can be, give Feetfirst a call, they done my lowas a few times and the service was good.

Tonyuk

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
I suspect that the OP is talking about the slightly older (black) Boots Combat Assault, which suffer the well known crumbly sole issue. I can't recall if the soles are direct moulded to the leather on those, but i have a feeling that they might be - in which case re-soling would be practically impossible i would have thought.

ph5172

Forager
Feb 13, 2010
Coventry
I heard (a while ago admittedly) there was a bad batch, i think it was the ones with the whiteish leather that the soles crumbled into sticky pieces

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE