• No

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • Not yet, but now you mention it...

Votes: 4 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oct 30, 2012
Eseex
I am not a member but like to check out CAMRA recommended pubs when I am on holiday. If I was single I might join but with two young kids my week to week pub days are long over.:(

I do occasionally use a CAMRA recommended pub near me and love to taste the variety of stuff they have. Incidentally America has really embraced micro brewing and is making some fantastic stuff at the moment.

I think the microbrewery movement in the USA has probably been the most significant factor in beer production in recent years. Im not a big fan of some of the 'late hop addition' brew such as Brewdog, but they've certainly proved to be influential and have opened up the world of ales to a whole new audience which can only be a good thing....

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
There should be a campaign for decent cider nowadays. There's some awful stuff being peddled around at the moment - Blackthorn, Strongbow, Magners, Bulmers, Stella Cidre, Stowford Press, not to mention the stuff like Omega and White Lightning.

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
I love a good real ale. I often tour round the camra pubs in Sheffield. (never thought of joining though)

Mostly from micro brewers.

I also like to stay in the Old cannon brewery in Bury St Edmund when I get out that way..... Mmmmmmm "gunners daughter"

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
I used to be a CAMRA member umpteen years ago but let it lapse.

When I first began to drink beer (back in 1979!) there was a proliferation of fizzy chemical rubbish. Remember these anyone?

Worthington E
Watneys Red Barrel

Now, it is simply unthinkable to walk into any pub anywhere and not be able to try something locally brewed.

I was lucky enough to have a tour round the Staropramen brewery before the Czech Republic had fully embraced post-communist democracy. The lager tanks for their export beer were stainless steel; those for domestic consumption were still wax lined. As the guide said; "Every batch tastes different because different things fall in and drown!"

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE