Camp Chair

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
May 28, 2009
UK
Hey, Im planning on going camping soon and instead of bringing a folding chair I woud like to make one out of wood but I'm not exactly sure how. :confused: Does anybody have any ideas?

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
Cobweb had a great pair (of chairs) at the bushmoot this year.

She made a tripod of poles, then across the front two legs she tied another pole horizontally. The void where a triangle was thus formed had a coffe sack secured by string and the horizontal pole. Very stable, comfortable and simple: four poles, one sack and a few bits of string :)

edit. Just watched the youtube vid. That's what Cobweb had :rolleyes: only she tied the cross piece in place too.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Yeah, the tripod and sack chair is comfy, I first saw this on Bushtuckerman years ago. He made a simple A fram and then propped it up against a tree, same principle though.

Tye Possum

Nomad
Feb 7, 2009
Canada
lol I went looking for a video I'd seen of that same chair made from the tripod and a bag, seems to be a popular chair! Here's the video anyways: Camp chair It starts at about 4:10

javi

Forager
Nov 4, 2008
Hampton
This book is great! Lots of useful information as well. Thanks mate :You_Rock_

Enjoy - I had to search around for quite a while to get a copy at a sane price. It's out of print and some vendors were charging an absolute fortune for it - can't believe I didn't look on Google for it! It's considered to be one of the true classics on the subject and although a little dated, it's got some fantastic information which is all relevant and extremely useful...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE