Camp buddy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gaz

Oct 25, 2023
Kettering
Hi all
Not sure if this is the right place for this topic.
Im seeking a camp buddy.
Reason is i spook myself and perhaps lack a bit of confidence.
Does any one else spook them selves
Regards
Gaz

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Hi all
Im seeking a camp buddy.
Regards
Gaz
Might help if you let folks know whereabouts you are and if you've got transport or not.

demented dale

Dec 16, 2021
hell
Hi all
Im seeking a camp buddy.
Regards
Gaz
I was in the lakes once and camping with a fire at night. I started thinking about UFO abductions and murderers. I phoned my mates up and said I was scared. They found it hilarious as I look hard as nails and rarely get frightened . I would join a local bushcraft group if I was you and go camping with them. Not only will it build your confidence but you will make new friends and learn new skills. Where are you based? dale x

Reactions: plastic-ninja

Gaz

Oct 25, 2023
Kettering
I was in the lakes once and camping with a fire at night. I started thinking about UFO abductions and murderers. I phoned my mates up and said I was scared. They found it hilarious as I look hard as nails and rarely get frightened . I would join a local bushcraft group if I was you and go camping with them. Not only will it build your confidence but you will make new friends and learn new skills. Where are you based? dale x
Cheers based in kettering

jcr71

Tenderfoot
Aug 6, 2014
hampshire
theres a thread on this forum somewhere(i think) from a chap who worked observing otters or some such which involved camping out for a few days a a time.
one night something woke him up moving outside his tent and when he plucked up the courage to turn on his light a hand pressed against the outside of the tent and slowly slid down it.
the story continues...

one of the most engrossing threads ive ever read on a forum.

• Haha
Reactions: GNJC

GNJC

Forager
Jul 10, 2005
Carms / Sir Gar
theres a thread on this forum somewhere(i think) from a chap who worked observing otters or some such which involved camping out for a few days a a time.
one night something woke him up moving outside his tent and when he plucked up the courage to turn on his light a hand pressed against the outside of the tent and slowly slid down it.
the story continues...

one of the most engrossing threads ive ever read on a forum.
Any chance of a link, I want to know the end... I think I'd have grabbed it! ;)

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Sit down for a long read :)

Reactions: Robbi and GNJC

jcr71

Tenderfoot
Aug 6, 2014
hampshire
sorry it was probably 8-10 years ago i read it. but the saga continued over a few days.
was fascinating to follow at the time.
i imagine some long term members here will recall it.

or i may be mixing forums up, but i think im not?

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
sorry it was probably 8-10 years ago i read it. but the saga continued over a few days.
was fascinating to follow at the time.
i imagine some long term members here will recall it.

or i may be mixing forums up, but i think im not?

Well, it started in July 2009 and the last post was in August 2021 :)

• Haha

GNJC

Forager
Jul 10, 2005
Carms / Sir Gar
Sit down for a long read :)

Hmm... I'll admit I skipped a lot of the stuff regarding black holes and the like, I was interested in the hand-scraping bit. Other than a very realistic 'nightmare', it is hard to rationalise such an experience. I have no doubts that the fellow involved is telling the truth as he knows it.

Yet I'm not religious, superstitious or anything like that, so I think there is a rational explanation to it; doesn't mean it will be easy to establish the facts, but I utterly discount spirits / werewolves / deities and the like.

In fact, it seems daft that I even felt a need to write that last sentence... :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE