Cambridgeshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

geforce83

Jul 8, 2010
sheffield
Thanks guys would be great to meet up, just out of curiosity what do people do at the meets as I've only ever done courses or met people at bush craft type shows?

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Eat, drink, play with a hammock or chair, talk bo****ks :)rolleyes: :rofl: :lmao:), but generally chill unless someone needs help with something like knots, sharpening, etc then we try and share our knowledge. Oh and may trade gear with others.;)

Any thoughts on an overnighter date chaps?

Globetrotter.uk

Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
You forgot to mention falling out of chairs. I'm away in Suffolk early October but hopefully free mid October.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Hi leigh
im not in cambridgeshire but i am very close
potton to be be precise there is a couple of spots you can camp around potton but they dont like fires
Sam

I live in Comberton would love to get out or even just have a few hours in the woods where abouts are they? If you can revel..

geforce83

Jul 8, 2010
sheffield
Hi geforce welcome to Peterborough, I live just up the road at Wittering, you need to keep an eye out for Kev's posts on this thread, as he has sorted us folk out with a nice place in March.

welcome to the area

Cheers

Rick

Thanks I will be doing, hopefully get to me a few ppl in the not too distant future

gianni106

Nov 4, 2012
peterborough
hello everyone. just wondering if anyone is local to me im in stanground Peterborough. if so just wondering if you know anywhere good to go so I can practise and learn bushcraft skills. hope there are people here that can help me in my quest thanks again

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Right...
On hols for 2 weeks after Friday so spending some time out and about:dancer:.
Any one fancy a mid week day out at March?:camping: If so post days your available and I'll try and accommodate.
Going to Norwich Meet weekend of the 26/27 October (everyone welcome I reckon:grouphug:)

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
I might be up for that Kev Im flexible on dates at the mo, as always work might get in the way will have to wait and see.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Hi guy's just to let you know I'm still around, and willing to meet up,
loads of work on but might manage the Norwich meet i'll have to OK with SWMBO first as it's the start of the Half term....scary!

i've been up to all sorts of gadget making and demo related stuff so hopefully so you guys some new toys when i can meet up!

I haven't been online much in the last couple of years and noticed there are a few people in the Peterborough area would be cool to meet up locally if possible,

Bushcrafters near Peterborough!...
stupid of me I didn't think of this earlier!

Theres a fair amount of bushcraft stuff going on, I did some of the free Bushcraft courses earlier in the year for (DIY Peterborough it's via facebook)
https://www.facebook.com/diypbo?ref=ts&fref=ts

also worth checking out Green backyard: I did some stuff here to and they do all sorts of bushcrafty type stuff a lot of it is again free.
http://www.thegreenbackyard.com/

also
I did some stuff for"Greenivercity" recently they do FREE woodland skills (like spoon carving basket making etc) been thinking of going along as a punter anyone
They are spoon carving today!!!
http://www.greeniversity.org.uk/search/classes/keyword::peterborough

I'm pretty sure I could organise a bushcraft meet on one of the the sites there would only be a small cost perhaps a few quid each for the use of the site.
(it is accessible by car(near the football ground) and you can park on site it has compost loos, and when public events are on they often have a beer tent!

anyone interested?

Last edited:

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
The guy in charge Matthew also has this bushcrafty type online shop (no connection to me)
http://www.woodlandcraftsupplies.co.uk/
when I met him during one of my events he had an outdoor class set up and a rather large display of shiny sharps from Gransfors to Mora and various spoon type cutters, you'd definitely like him Kev!:cool:
not met him yet but there's an ex army guy that teaches survival too, again for free!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE