Cambridgeshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Skolding Woods - TL 42720 95770 on where's the path Its just town side of Upwell Park Residential Home PE15 0DR - Behind the old disused house with the Harris metal fencing blocking the gates. If you go past the home there is a byway (Green lane) on the right that goes around the back of the woods but it has some deep ruts so be warned
There will be no water or facilities or anything there so all carry in and out please
We are still on trial and there is a lot of wildlife there including the overnight sleep place for a herd of local Roe Deer) so no dogs, guns or bows please.

I shall be taking about 15 gallons of communal water and we shall have a group fire using the dead standing wood.
I reckon it should be take your own food though.

Any other stuff you need to know?

Oh BTW it is always at your own risk as I am not taking Public Liability Insurance out

Copy and add your names and paste as a new post as usual please

March Bushcamp meet list - Friday 19th to Sun 21st July

1. Whittler Kev arrive maybe 3pm
2. rickyamos
3. Crowe
4. Damascus Sat only

Other meets provisionally booked are

Fri 16th to Sun 18th Aug
1. Realbark
2. WK

20th to 22nd Sept (BMF Peterborough 13th to 15th)

Last edited:

Globetrotter.uk

Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK

March Bushcamp meet list - Friday 19th to Sun 21st July

1. Whittler Kev arrive maybe 3pm
2. rickyamos
3. Crowe
4. Damascus Sat only
5. GLOBETROTTER SAT only

Fri 16th to Sun 18th Aug
1. Realbark
2. WK

20th to 22nd Sept (BMF Peterborough 13th to 15th) [/QUOTE]

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

didicoy

Mar 7, 2013
fens
Would it be possible to park up my Ford Transit County 4x4 camper close by? I don't need it actually on site, Just parked up and not blocked in just in case I have to go off for a hour or two? Its got great ground clearance, so ruts no problem. I would prob like to come friday afternoon till Sunday. Cheers Steve

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Im sure Kev will be on here to correct me, but last time I went down there I was able to drive my Vauxhall Zafira right up close to the woods, so with you having a 4 x 4 you should have no problem.

When I say close I mean about 50 yards mate

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
Would it be possible to park up my Ford Transit County 4x4 camper close by? I don't need it actually on site, Just parked up and not blocked in just in case I have to go off for a hour or two? Its got great ground clearance, so ruts no problem. I would prob like to come friday afternoon till Sunday. Cheers Steve
Sorry chap, just got back and caught your message. It wouldn't have been a problem at all. I just had the local Police round as a dog walker/ concerned citizen saw my motor parked dup in the same place for 3 days and so they went down (too late as normal :rofl:) to see if it had been dumped.

Good meet all. I reckon we all learnt something (including how sharp that axe really is Ricky - I made feather sticks with it he he :lmao:)

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK

2 views of Ricky

:beerchug: . Nice pint that :dancer:

It was just too much for one retired old fella

Perfect Tinder - dead, dry willow leaves

Notice one end now not tied on my hammock!!! I was in it - the line broke :rofl: - I landed on my camera and broke it dagnabit :cussing::rant:

100_3559_zpseaf3d5b9.jpg

Good time had by all with good company :grouphug:

BTW now been offered another 6 acres of woodland as close to my house as these are by the guy who came to chase us off for trespassing ;)

Next meet 3rd weekend of August :)
Fri 16th to Sun 18th Aug
Already booked
1. Realbark
2. WK

Last edited:

Globetrotter.uk

Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
Good job your gator wasn't left on display in motor then, nice array of pics. Thanks for the day.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
Hi All

Thanks to Kev and all the other guys who pitched up at the meet, please see below for a few pics that Kev asked me to post:-

null-10.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

My setup for the weekend.

null-9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Crusader cup with metal lid, very nice if not a bit pricey

null-8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

My bargain £3 nine inch cast iron pan with spoork

null-7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

bacon mmmmmmm
null-2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

UCO lantern in my polish lavvu

null.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

crowe making a bow drill set

null-6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

mince with veg and tex mex spice, crowe was very pleased.

Had a great weekend, even if the ground was a bit hard.

Thanks

Rick

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Thanks to Kev . The site is a terrific asset. And we had a great meet. Anyone not there, you really missed out
Crowe

I really am green with envy!! I live 5 mins from Kev, the dates met up lovely when he first did them then he had to go and change them on me, perhaps he was telling me summit......LOL

Looks like a cracking wekend guys!!

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
March Bushcamp meet list - Fri 16th to Sun 18th Aug

1. Realbark
2. WK

Skolding Woods - TL 42720 95770 on where's the path Its just town side of Upwell Park Residential Home PE15 0DR - Behind the old disused house with the Harris metal fencing blocking the gates. If you go past the home there is a byway (Green lane) on the right that goes around the back of the woods but it has some deep ruts so be warned
There will be no water or facilities or anything there so all carry in and out please
We are still on trial and there is a lot of wildlife there (including the overnight sleep place for a herd of local Roe Deer) so no dogs, guns or bows please.

I shall be taking about 15 gallons of communal water and we shall have a group fire using the dead standing wood.
I reckon it should be take your own food though.

Any other stuff you need to know?

Oh BTW it is always at your own risk as I am not taking Public Liability Insurance out

20th to 22nd Sept (BMF Peterborough 13th to 15th)

Last edited:

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
It's my boys birthday that weekend otherwise I might have made that. If that's ok I've just realised that sounded like I was inviting myself...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE