Cambridgeshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Feb 27, 2008
Cambridge
My last post was in 2010 and I haven't been on since!

I have been slowly drawn back though. Life took some winding turns so I wasn't available to get out much. I am getting out and about more and also watching youtube stuff for fun too.

Are Cambridgeshire meets still happening? If so I would like to meet up some time. I have no idea what you guys get up to as I normally go solo or with friends I already know.

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Been that long?
I've managed to get 6 acres of unkempt woodland at March. Unfortunately I have to be there so the group can use it but not many want to go out and about apparently. I go ad hoc and book a meet when I'm on holiday.
There's a day meet at Norwich for the day on the 14th December where all are welcome.

Feb 27, 2008
Cambridge
Yes a long time indeed. I don't know where the time goes!

I live in Cambridge and parents are in Wisbech so a stop off at the woods in march on the way to wisbech would be easily doable. Do you have permission for overnight, fires etc? It's a real shame that not many people want to go out. I thought there would be quite a few going out. I wonder why that is?

What normally happens at the meetups in March? Generally going solo, I tend to go tracking animal sign through the woods in hope to see some deer, stop for some lunch, then some more tracking. The occasional fire and collection of interesting stuff I find happens too.

Norwich is about 2 hour trek from here. Is there much going on with these meets?

Leigh

Feb 27, 2008
Cambridge
Sat 30/Sun 31?
Not sure how familiar you are with the Cambridge area but I am quite fond of a relatively local wood RSPB Foulmere
https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?oe=u...UTF-8&ei=Zc-LUuV1kYGEB6XvgagM&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAg
http://www.rspb.org.uk/reserves/guide/f/fowlmere/

Very wildlife rich. I have seen a white fallow deer stag here. What a pleasure! Tons of Fallow deer and muntjack. I tend to walk around the paths and head into the southwestern woods. The birders must think i'm odd walking past them with my head down!

Feb 27, 2008
Cambridge
Ok I can organise a group. Considering I have always been solo I will have a go anyway!

RSPB Foulmere - Saturday 30th November 2013. 10am.
Fowlmere is an RSPB nature reserve in Cambridgeshire, England. It is situated 11 km south of Cambridge between Fowlmere village and Melbourn. Fowlmere's reedbeds and pools are fed by natural chalk springs and a chalk stream runs through the reserve.
Mill Rd, Roysten, Cambridgeshire SG8 7SH
https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?oe=ut...ed=0CAoQ_AUoAg
http://www.rspb.org.uk/reserves/guide/f/fowlmere/
Site Map - http://www.rspb.org.uk/Images/fowlmere_tcm9-265557.pdf

I have no idea what you do normally at meets and how this works but it will be cool to meet other bushcrafters. Any advice and guidance on organising a meet is welcome!

Globetrotter.uk

Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
My local reserve won't allow any stoves to be used on their land. If your wanting to have a meet and use let's say tarps stoves etc then it may be worth contacting doug Radford he's in charge of the reserve.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

Feb 27, 2008
Cambridge
My local reserve won't allow any stoves to be used on their land. If your wanting to have a meet and use let's say tarps stoves etc then it may be worth contacting doug Radford he's in charge of the reserve.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD
Ok will bear this in mind depending on peoples needs. Thanks for the heads up.

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Yes a long time indeed. I don't know where the time goes!

I live in Cambridge and parents are in Wisbech so a stop off at the woods in march on the way to wisbech would be easily doable. Do you have permission for overnight, fires etc? It's a real shame that not many people want to go out. I thought there would be quite a few going out. I wonder why that is?

What normally happens at the meetups in March? Generally going solo, I tend to go tracking animal sign through the woods in hope to see some deer, stop for some lunch, then some more tracking. The occasional fire and collection of interesting stuff I find happens too.

Norwich is about 2 hour trek from here. Is there much going on with these meets?

Leigh
Yep overnighters, fires but no dogs or hunting as it's a local blokes woods. He doesn't mind when were there as long as he's told we're there and doesn't want loads of live wood cutting but generally it's all ours to play in :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE