Cambridgeshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
Hi Guy's I've been busy for ages but hopefully will be able to come along to a few meets look forward to meeting up!

Globetrotter.uk

Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
No very bushy but Cambridge office of east Anglia air ambulance have office furniture free to local groups/charity if anyone knows of someone contact EAAA cambridge

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Kev Would love to get out one weekend but I'm so crashed with work (new job) and a 6 week old daughter I'm struggling to stay awake at the weekends. Had a loooong time out from bushy stuff changed jobs and got weekends back again but that didn't last long doh!!
Don't write me off though I will make it one day/ weekend.

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Cancelled
March Bushcamp meet list - Fri 16th to Sun 18th Aug

1. Realbark
2. WK
[/SIZE]

Copy and add your names and paste as a new post as usual please

Skolding Woods - TL 42720 95770 on where's the path Its just town side of Upwell Park Residential Home PE15 0DR - Behind the old disused house with the Harris metal fencing blocking the gates. If you go past the home there is a byway (Green lane) on the right that goes around the back of the woods but it has some deep ruts so be warned
There will be no water or facilities or anything there so all carry in and out please
We are still on trial and there is a lot of wildlife there (including the overnight sleep place for a herd of local Roe Deer) so no dogs, guns or bows please.

I shall be taking about 15 gallons of communal water and we shall have a group fire using the dead standing wood.
I reckon it should be take your own food though.

Any other stuff you need to know?

Oh BTW it is always at your own risk as I am not taking Public Liability Insurance out

Other meets provisionally booked are

20th to 22nd Sept (BMF Peterborough 13th to 15th)
Last edited by Whittler Kev; 23-07-2013 at 18:41.​

Last edited:

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
Cancelled
Now got 2 family parties this weekend and MIL has a hip OP just before September weekend and coming to stay so knocking them on the head guys ;) :nono:
I'm on 2 weeks hols this week so gonna nip down during the week and maybe Norwich on Thursday

Last edited:

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Ha, them photo's are getting everywhere, now don't infringe on the copy rights or the bushcraft police will be over there and that means, trouble!!!!!!

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
Thought I'd take today out as it was nice and I'm on holiday

Simple set up. Just the netamock and a Kelly

All in here as I took all the superfluous crud out

My embers were coming out of the Kelly kettle base so I made some tongs with a ranger band and a bit of lashing to hold the pivot in place

Gonna try the new homemade hammock (altered with new hanging ropes since the orange ratchet strap snapped and hit one of the Suffolkers in the B***s when he tried it after me :() on Thursday as going out again ;)

Last edited:

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
Strange....Just had the police call as someone took a picture of my disabled badge in my car near the woods yesterday as they were concerned that the car had been there 3 days (I went to the woods Tuesday and Yesterday, Thursday). They were checking as they feared as I am disabled I may have fell over somewhere and they were going to organise a search. See someone cares about me :rofl::lmao:
Here's yesterdays vid

[video=youtube;rJIUhJafNCM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJIUhJafNCM[/video]

geforce83

Jul 8, 2010
sheffield
hi guys just moved to peterborough, do people still meet up in the area if so would it be possible to meet up with you?

thanks Rich

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
Hi geforce welcome to Peterborough, I live just up the road at Wittering, you need to keep an eye out for Kev's posts on this thread, as he has sorted us folk out with a nice place in March.

welcome to the area

Cheers

Rick

Globetrotter.uk

Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
If only I was a bit closer and didnthave family down for zachs 17th. Where have the years gone. Have a fun time kev

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE