Cambridgeshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Feb 27, 2008
Cambridge
Unlikely I will make it this weekend. New clutch and probably new turbo for the car. Clutch is slipping and black smoke pouring out the exhaust!

On the plus side Botanical gardens are holding a fungi ID say so I might have something to do over the weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9InchNinja

Settler
Feb 9, 2012
PE1
Hi Kev,

I had a cracking weekend, lovely woods there too. I'm trying to get the wife to let me out again on Saturday if you're going to be down at the woods?

Feb 27, 2008
Cambridge
Missing my woods time :( got the price for a new clutch. Not much change from £1,000! Hopefully fixed Monday.

Take lots of pics chaps. Especially if there are fungi about.

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
So peaceful today...well it was until the idiot tried to go the back way in a 4x4 after the tractors have been down (I struggled with the Quad). He left after he got out with 4 wheel drive with no exhaust :rofl:
I had to eat them all myself as I was on my Tod

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2008
Cambridge
[video=youtube_share;uVEPl807Iow]http://youtu.be/uVEPl807Iow[/video]
Finally nailed the hand drill this weekend. So overjoyed. Emotional.

Much more practice to get polished.

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Went and sorted the main gate out today as someone had nailed it shut (not the owner). Looked through the gate and there lay a Chinese deer.....dead:banghead:. guts had been ripped out but not taken as they lay close to it in 2 bits. Couldn't see any other marks on it. GITS. KILLED IT AND THEN LEFT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:puppy_dog
Reckon it was a Chinese as you could see the pronounced fangs. Usual reddish brown and small. Tines have 2 points on them. Left it for the critters (or anyone (Leigh) that wants to go down and get a full skeleton)

Feb 27, 2008
Cambridge
Yes please for the skeleton!
Ripped guts out and no other marks? Was it cleanly cut?

I saw kills similar in the Lake District. Probable dog. But to be honest looked like a big cat kill to me. Punctures around the throat, guts ripped out and rear end chewed. There were about three carcasses nearby.

Wouldn't Mind getting my trail cam over it for a few nights. Maybe you've got a fenland tiger!

Thought CWD aren't about locally? Shows they are doing well and spreading.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE