Cambridgeshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Couldn't settle today :confused:
Set up

Nettles dying back

Thesed are growing close to a willow

and these are coming

Loads of patches of pigeon feathers

Someone has been air gun shooting as I found a piece of wood covered in slug marks.
Got disturbed by 5 youngsters. Very polite and asked if they was allowed over. I showed them the damage done and told them about the "cameras" going up to spot trespassers and how the owner "shoots" in the woods so it's not safe for them. They decided it was better to not come over the woods they thought had been abandoned and they was allowed in :rofl:

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
It is a shame especially when as kids we probably went exploring in woods we weren't allowed in as well, and probably done damage we shouldn't have(?) but I wonder if woods are getting more and more scarce and also people/landowners are more switched on to making a profit from the woods for pheasant shooting and the like. I dunno just my late night thoughts?!

Sent from somewhere?

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
Ok Have a look here for directions etc
Now we are able to get in via the field why not bring some toys along (Airguns, bows, crossbows, etc.)?
No pets or firearms though as the owner is still trying to keep dogs out & protecting the wildlife :)
Copy and add your names to the list (delete if your circumstances change)

Fri 26th, Sat 27th and Sunday 28th September meet at March
Weekender
Leigh
Whittler
Gianni106

Skolding Woods - TL 42640 95730 on http://yorkramblers.org.uk/OS/Chadwick.html"]where's the path[/URL]. Its just town side of Upwell Park Residential Home PE15 0DR - Behind the old disused house with the Harris metal fencing blocking the gates. If you go past the home there is a byway (Green lane) on the right that goes around the back of the woods but it has some deep ruts so be warned and you will need a 4x4
There will be no water or facilities or anything there so all carry in and out please
There is a lot of wildlife there (including the overnight sleep place for a herd of local Deer) so no dogs or guns and no hunting in the woods please although there is 3 acres of grassland adjoining the woods.
We shall have a group fire using the dead standing wood and there is a trivet and tripod.
Take your own food and water.
Any other stuff you need to know?
Oh BTW it is always at your own risk as I've taken Public Liability Insurance out
Any more for any more?

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
I'm allowed out to play on the Saturday night. I won't get back from work til 1900 on the Friday or I'd come then too.
Come then if you want.

Who is coming when?
Me Friday about 5ish

Leigh
Whittler - Friday at 5ish
Gianni106

Saturday

9InchNinja

One night possibly

Weekender

Feb 27, 2008
Cambridge
Saturday AM possibly stopping over the night.

I need to pop over to wisbech first and pick my tarp up as loaned out to my brother this weekend. So I expect 11am would be reasonable. Cambridge-Wisbech-March. Would like to friday evening but finish work 4.30pm and with traffic doubt will be there until 6pm at the earliest. By then it will be well on its way to being dark. Anyone stopping friday night, I might make the extra effort to get some more dirt time in?

9InchNinja

Settler
Feb 9, 2012
PE1
I'll be there about 1000 on Saturday. If I can wangle Friday off work, or work from home then I'll be there Friday afternoon. I'll let you know in the week.

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK

Leigh - Maybe Saturday or Friday
Whittler - Friday at 5ish
Gianni106

Quizzical Haddock

Saturday

9InchNinja

One night possibly

Weekender

Info here (Post #1210) or bell me on the mobile o7.....92S......ioi ....Bb7 if you get my drift

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2008
Cambridge
Looking forward to coming on Saturday. Just bought a new tent to try out so may give it a go. I am hoping you've got some big fat juicy fungi there for me to fry up for lunch!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE