Cambridgeshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
The field maple leaves are brill - a lovely yellow blanket[URL=http://s799.photobucket.com/user/kpurse/media/March%20Meets/30-11-13/100_1371_zpse40475d9.jpg.html]
100_1372_zpsd26c1833.jpg
[/URL]
My New hammock. Thanks to Weekender for posing in it while I took the photo ;)
and the old one
Know where you are with a pasty
Is this a squirrel dray?
Any ideas?

BTW loads of dead to cut up...leant against a tree or two and they fell over as the roots have died off
Note to self....Take the bow saw next time (or a chain saw he he)

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2008
Cambridge
Thank you very much for the morning out Kev and Weekender! I wish I could have stayed longer.

A really spectacular wood with plenty to play with. That looks like a honey fungus at quick glance. If anyone is thinking of going to any meetups but is uncertain as they are used to going out by themselves, I really recommend that you do as its great to be around like minded people. Kev and Weekender are smashing blokes who are really friendly and easy going. A benefit of meetups is you can learn new skills and share other skills. I can now just about sharpen my knife properly after being taught by Kev. In about 5+ years I haven't been able to do it properly and just couldn't get it to work. Somethings you can't learn off YouTube!

So, get off the computer and come join your local meet. You won't regret it I promise!

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
See you enjoyed yourself, pity I couldn't make it, never made the football either had an allergic reaction to something and had my eyes swell up to little slits on Friday morning, got drops to sort them out.
the eyes have cleared up some just look like I've been crying for a week, still can't workout what caused it though!

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Have you done your back in again Kev?

Any ideas of some local meet ups at the woods in March Kev?

I may have a bit of time about again soon!!

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Mate sorry to hear that!!!

I am only round the corner and you have my number, so if your stuck for anything let me no!!

Iv got this coming week off work pal so dont hesistate to call!!

Feb 27, 2008
Cambridge
Any plans for any meets, anytime soon? Cambridgeshire bushcrafters seem pretty quiet. Come on people there are 4 seasons not just summer!

I would be interested in seeing whose up for an outing? I'm injured at the mo so can't do too much physically but healing fast. Thought about organising a day tracking. Watching deer at wildlife park, sharing info on tracks, signs etc then off to woods to see what we find. Maybe finish day badger watching.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE