Cambridgeshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Feb 27, 2008
Cambridge
Yep overnighters, fires but no dogs or hunting as it's a local blokes woods. He doesn't mind when were there as long as he's told we're there and doesn't want loads of live wood cutting but generally it's all ours to play in :)

Is that available for 30th November? As there are a few interested and fires permitted it might be more fun? Are you about for this Kev so we can use the woods?

Feb 27, 2008
Cambridge
Yep overnighters, fires but no dogs or hunting as it's a local blokes woods. He doesn't mind when were there as long as he's told we're there and doesn't want loads of live wood cutting but generally it's all ours to play in :)

Is that available for 30th November? As there are a few interested and fires permitted it might be more fun? Are you about for this Kev so we can use the woods?

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Ok. I'm laid up with arthritis flare up at the mo but should be OK as long as there is interest.
I shan't stop overnight but that won't be a problem for any others that want to.
Bear in mind that it is just a woods so no water, loos etc. but plenty of dead wood to saw up for a communal cooking fire
Lets get a list going (copy and add your name to the list in a new post)

List for Weekend of Sat 30th and 31st Nov at March

Whittler Kev

Feb 27, 2008
Cambridge
Ok. I'm laid up with arthritis flare up at the mo but should be OK as long as there is interest.
I shan't stop overnight but that won't be a problem for any others that want to.
Bear in mind that it is just a woods so no water, loos etc. but plenty of dead wood to saw up for a communal cooking fire
Lets get a list going (copy and add your name to the list in a new post)

List for Weekend of Sat 30th and 31st Nov at March

Whittler Kev
Leigh Robinson - Saturday Only. Can provide lift from Cambridge. Its about 40 Minute Drive.
I can't overnight as selling tent. But should have a nice lavvu with stove shortly!

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2008
Cambridge
Bad news is I can't make all day and will need to leave about 11.30am.

The good news is that I am having a meeting with a bloke at 1pm about getting access to land. It has a lake and woodland. So fingers crossed!

Looking forward to meeting. I hope someone can teach me how to sharpen my knife as I seem to be useless at it!

Feb 27, 2008
Cambridge
I can punch in Sat Nav but is there directions to it? Can Whittler Kev and Nomad message me their mobile numbers so I can call when I get there. I haven't been there before.

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
From post #933

Skolding Woods - TL 42720 95770 on where's the path. Its just town side of Upwell Park Residential Home PE15 0DR - Behind the old disused house with the Harris metal fencing blocking the gates. If you go past the home there is a byway (Green lane) on the right that goes around the back of the woods but it has some deep ruts so be warned and you will need a 4x4
There will be no water or facilities or anything there so all carry in and out please
We are still on trial and there is a lot of wildlife there including the overnight sleep place for a herd of local Roe Deer so no dogs, guns or bows please.

I shall be taking about 5 gallons of communal water and we shall have a group fire using the dead standing wood.
I reckon it should be take your own food though.

Any other stuff you need to know?

Oh BTW it is always at your own risk as I am not taking Public Liability Insurance out

Phone number if you can decipher it
o7g25ioiBb7 just think what number the letter looks like or PM me

Last edited:

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
Any more for any more?
I'm still riddled with Arthritis so trouble walking etc...we'll see how it goes

OK Saturday the 30th then from 9ish

List for Sat 30th Nov at March

Whittler Kev
Weekender
Leigh Robinson

Feb 27, 2008
Cambridge
Should get there about 9am. I will call you Kev.
I am going to Wisbech tonight, sleeping at parents then coming over to March.
Hopefully dry and warm tomorrow but I will wrap-up warm!
Will be there till about 11 as have to meet a man about a lake!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE