Cambridgeshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Aug 26, 2013
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I hope it's ok to make an intro here. I'm based in Cambs (Cottenham) and looking for chances to get out and learn more bushcrafting skills and just to get out outside more really. I've done a couple of courses and sort of remember my military training from a very very long time ago :)

I had a read through a few pages of messages in this group and was pleased to see there seems to be a fair bit of activity in the Cambs area. Are there many family friendly meet-ups? It would be good to get my girls (8 & 10) out and see if I can't get them to learn some skills too.

Cheers!!!
Robert

MarkinLondon

Nomad
May 17, 2013
Bedfordshire
Hey everyone… I've been a member for a while, and certainly enjoy reading everyone's post, but because a bit low on gear and transportation and time, haven't been in the woods in many years. When I lived in the US, I went camping often, and genuinely miss it. I'd love to attend one of these get-outs. I live in Luton, however, and would need a bit of help with transportation (and with a bit of gear,) but I'll start following this thread with the goal of participating.

cool?

Mark

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Hello all,

I hope it's ok to make an intro here. I'm based in Cambs (Cottenham) and looking for chances to get out and learn more bushcrafting skills and just to get out outside more really. I've done a couple of courses and sort of remember my military training from a very very long time ago :)

I had a read through a few pages of messages in this group and was pleased to see there seems to be a fair bit of activity in the Cambs area. Are there many family friendly meet-ups? It would be good to get my girls (8 & 10) out and see if I can't get them to learn some skills too.

Cheers!!!
Robert
Nice to here from you. everyone's welcome just no dogs at the mo due to the owners concerns at the March woodland (not sure about the lakes one)

Hey everyone… I've been a member for a while, and certainly enjoy reading everyone's post, but because a bit low on gear and transportation and time, haven't been in the woods in many years. When I lived in the US, I went camping often, and genuinely miss it. I'd love to attend one of these get-outs. I live in Luton, however, and would need a bit of help with transportation (and with a bit of gear,) but I'll start following this thread with the goal of participating.

cool?

Pleased to hear from you. I can't remember which one it is, but I reckon there's a local group nearer to you
Mark

Aug 26, 2013
United Kingdom
Is there any sort of schedule for the overnighters that you guys do? It would be great to meet others, I've been threatening to do a solo overnighter but just haven't pulled the trigger, I suppose mostly out of not sure where to go for it.

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
No mate no schedule as yet I don't think it's a bit as and when I've been over to Norwich for an overnighter as I don't have my own permission.

Feb 27, 2008
Cambridge
Last edited:

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
I have annual leave booked in March:
Friday 14th - Monday 17th
Friday 21st - Monday 24th

I plan long weekends. Will have my tipi up and a fire going. Here is a couple of threads of trip reports:
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118963&p=1476916&highlight=#post1476916
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119183&p=1480176&highlight=#post1480176

My spot is near Wimblington, Cambs.

If anyone is interested in coming along let me know :)

Oh mate I've been desperate to get out for a while now!!!
And living march I am minutes away from you lol!!

Could be tempted with an overnighter one of those weekends mate if you fancy a bit of company and a natter?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feb 27, 2008
Cambridge
Oh mate I've been desperate to get out for a while now!!!
And living march I am minutes away from you lol!!

Could be tempted with an overnighter one of those weekends mate if you fancy a bit of company and a natter?

Certainly do want a bit of company. Let me know dates.

Last edited:

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
20 mins walk!!!!!! Jesus!! Lol that's cool mate, I wouldn't bring much if I manage it tbh!! Is the site suitable for hammocks?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE