Cambridgeshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

GearGuru

Forager
Jun 7, 2006
Market Deeping
Hi Guys would like to come but will it be alright to bring my little girl?? Don't want to turn up with her if its a problem for you guys

cheers Chris

Last edited:

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Little abingdon campsite;
31-1st July - Aug.

Please see;
www.abingtoncampsite.org.uk
for costs and rules!
This is a scout camp so please be aware of that and act appropriately, People will be expected to bring proof of identity, cost £3 per person per 24hours.
No carrying knives on belt - keep sharps in a safe place - dont use other peoples without express permission.

Badgeringtim - one night tent, one person, will be taking car from cherry hinton and happy to give lift(s).
Eel28 - one night tarp/bivvy, one person
R.lewis - one night, one person, late arrival. Tarp/Hammock.

badgeringtim

Nomad
May 26, 2008
cambridge
Gear Guru,
I have no problem with youngsters coming - i dont recall the language being too fruity last time (so long as we stay off the grills and Mears topic!)
All i would say i suppose is that there isnt that much to keep her occupied - unless she is happy in our little camp and of course there are lots of sharps about - but then i expect her to be used to that!

badgeringtim

Nomad
May 26, 2008
cambridge
Guys to clarify - im assuming most people will be charged £6, ie unless you come late saturday and leave sunday morning, even though its only a one night (no one has said anything about wanting to come down friday to me yet). I still think is exceptionally good value - for those that have not been there are showers and toilets included in that.
:)

badgeringtim

Nomad
May 26, 2008
cambridge
Had confirmation from the site now too so it is all go go go!!!

Im planing on having a bit of a whittle so if anyone does happen to come across any green logs sufficient for kuksa's etc it appreciate that. Otherwise maybe some knife handle work or maybe even a bow...
Oh and trying out the new gillie kettle :)

Trying out my new fire stand grill from those two oven doors I aquired.
New homemade tree huggers for my hammock/tarp butchered from an old foam bag.
And some tiny sharps made from a clock makers tool kit that I'd like to try out on detailed carving!

Same spot as last time booked Tim? I'll get the communial tarp up.. Hopefully a bit more stable this time!!

badgeringtim

Nomad
May 26, 2008
cambridge
Yes its the same spot - to those who have not been there before it is through the carpark (please park up tight it isnt very big) and left along the path past the shed/buildings and toilet then carry on to ur left and there is a fire scar and some big logs. - thats us (if wolfcrafter is there he has a nice big tarp which needs more than one person to put up - hint hint..for the early comers since i cant be there)

Time; i had antisipated being there from 10:00 unfortunately i have to be somewhere in the morning :-( but will turn up about mid day. The site manager may turn up wanting some money - be nice to him (Tony, he popped over last time too)!

See you all there!

eel28

Settler
Aug 27, 2009
Bedfordshire
thanks for that Tim, will aim to be there around 10, unless Wolfcrafter is getting there earlier and wants a hand with the tarp??

GearGuru

Forager
Jun 7, 2006
Market Deeping
Hi Guys

umfortunately due to weather conditions I'm going to give this one a miss - I dont want to put my little one off camping - hopefully I will try next time

Cheers Chris

badgeringtim

Nomad
May 26, 2008
cambridge
hmm looks like it might just be around 3 of us then..and u just realised i aint camping! lol will be down for both days though.

Ah well see you guys in a couple of hours.

eel28

Settler
Aug 27, 2009
Bedfordshire
Thanks once again for organising this wonderful weekend Tim :) - seems you even organised the nice weather to coincide with your arrival :)

Looking forward to the next one

Brill weekend guys, mainly chatting from my end all day, good to see my raised fire alter used finally on its first test run, some tweeks required for next time! Cheers for the mixed wood selection Tim, and the fine company Lee (Eel28)! Very shocked the sun came out mid day, I know what you mean Guru about the rubbish weather men, they got it SSoooo wrong!!

badgeringtim

Nomad
May 26, 2008
cambridge
Well although i rather like these little meets, to give us more chance at getting a couple more there next time lets start with the dates, come on suggestions welcome.

Also we dont have to meet at this site i know Kev has mentioned a couple of other ones, (i think they dont have facilities - im sure some people prefer that, they probably dont have kids building bonfires either so may be more chance for tracking and other more bushy activity) so lets try and get a bit more going on here. There are such a variety of interesting folkes that pop in and out of here!

As an aside (and probably should be another post), are there people that might be interested in a leatherworking workshop? im just after interest at the moment to see if enough people want one to make it worth setting it up and booking a room and someone for a day to give a little guidance. Im hoping to get it to be sub £50 but it does depend on the material costs and the venue etc.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE