Cambridgeshire

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Sounds good to me! Tried me hammock out last weekend. I froze! Need to sort out some insulation/wind protection underneath. Was great night though, 4.30am a deer walked past within 10 feet and saw a falcon take a kill at 6am. loved it. Carved my first kuksa next day from a burl I harvested. Its very rustic!

Sounds good to me! Tried me hammock out last weekend. I froze! Need to sort out some insulation/wind protection underneath. Was great night though, 4.30am a deer walked past within 10 feet and saw a falcon take a kill at 6am. loved it. Carved my first kuksa next day from a burl I harvested. Its very rustic!

Blimey, never used mine in the summer without my underquilt, that's worrying to hear you chilled on one of the warmest nights of the year!.. (I got my DD at christmas, so you can imagine what happened in January to me) ..noted.. never leave home without it!.. even in the summer!!

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
I was shocked that I got so cold, mind you the wind picked up in the night blowing through the hammock!

badgeringtim

Nomad
May 26, 2008
cambridge
We are Go go go!!

This coming weekend (that crept up), saturday to sunday. A sorry but it would take to long now to work out who if any wanted to come down on friday - if thats a problem pipe up sharpish and i can try to add a night.

Please can people respond to the post below and include further details.

badgeringtim

Nomad
May 26, 2008
cambridge
Little abingdon campsite;
31-1st July - Aug.

Please see;
www.abingtoncampsite.org.uk
for costs and rules!
This is a scout camp so please be aware of that and act appropriately, People will be expected to bring proof of identity, cost £3 per person per 24hours.
No carrying knives on belt - keep sharps in a safe place - dont use other peoples without express permission.

Badgeringtim - one night tent, one person, will be taking car from cherry hinton and happy to give lift(s).

eel28

Settler
Aug 27, 2009
Bedfordshire
Little abingdon campsite;
31-1st July - Aug.

Please see;
www.abingtoncampsite.org.uk
for costs and rules!
This is a scout camp so please be aware of that and act appropriately, People will be expected to bring proof of identity, cost £3 per person per 24hours.
No carrying knives on belt - keep sharps in a safe place - dont use other peoples without express permission.

Badgeringtim - one night tent, one person, will be taking car from cherry hinton and happy to give lift(s).
Eel28 - one night tarp/bivvy, one person

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE