Calling All Central Scotland Bushcrafters!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Any problems with day visitors? I worked in the park during the summer so I know where else I can park if it's tight. Probably be three of us, Toddy, Varibo and Bowsayer.
Cheers,
Toddy

prp90

Oct 30, 2005
scotland
count me in if i can get time off i will let u know as soon as i know :)

(i guess it will be the 3rd 4th i request off)

Paul

EdS

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Are the dates set for 3/4 then?

Might be able to make depends on birthday options (3 jan) as I promissed to out local- might get out of it.

Will there be room for tents - SWMBO may be intrested, mind you she does winter camp either so it might be b&b with day visits.

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
I won't be working so should be able to make it,so could you put me down for the 3/4th please thats if it ain't already full.

Anyone thought about doing demo's or some such like?

ronsos

Forager
Dec 10, 2004
yet again I find myself posting for a meet up,hopefuly this time work and more recently family illness,wont get in the way now we are not so shortstaffed and mrs ronsos has learnend(hopefully) to suffer in silence.

either the 3rd or 4th will do nicely.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Nice one JFW - long time no see. Trust the little fellow is well and not giving you too many sleepless nights?

I can bring the Archery target if the Ranger agrees and the terrain feasible.

We will be in for a longish dark evening in early January. I've enjoyed Patrick's tutorials and maybe a fireside teach-in would be possible.
If anyone is interested I can do the suturing tutorial again.
I could also do a tutorial/demonstration on HF radio comms but this is perhaps more 'expeditioncraft' than bushcraft, and tech stuff can detract from the fireside atmosphere.

JFW

Settler
Mar 11, 2004
Clackmannanshire
Doc,

thanks for asking, the wee guys doing great and the last couple of nights have been bliss - so here's hoping.
I'v just realised that I am back at work on the 4th, bummer, but will come on the 3rd anyway. I think I will be ok for the end of the month though.

Cheers

JFW

CraigM9

Tenderfoot
Aug 14, 2005
Clackmannanshire Scotland
Thanks for your responses folks and looking forward to seeing you all on the day.

Apologies for not getting site pics yet - I will get round to it (hopefully this week)!

I'll be there on the 3rd from about 10am - see you all then!

Craig.

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
CraigM9 said:
Hi All,

Just back from my meet and recce with the ranger for our january location at Plean near Stirling. Couldnt get any pics of the site due to the snow so will go back next week!

Dates are:
1. 03/01/06 & 04/01/06
2. 28/01/06 & 29/01/06.

OS 1:50k Sheet 57 Stirling & The Trossachs
Access Gate: GR82498595 Bivvy Area: GR82568592

General Info:
There is a hard standing about 80 metres from the access point (a gate we will have the key for) which should accommodate about 10 vehicles. Water will need to be brought in and Alan (the ranger) will provide a shed load of logs for the group fire. He will pop down to meet us for a brew and a chat. The site is ok for an overnighter and there are a few surrounding features we can recce too.

Insurance:
Stirling Council will take no responsibility for claims. Alan advised to have your own if your worried about taking your hand off with your SFA!

Group size:
Due to site size it can't be more than 20. So first 20 names to me books your slot!

So all you need to do is confirm and see you then!

Regards,

Craig.

Hi CraigM9, i was just wondering have we reached a total for the amount of people coming to the meet,it might be an idea to get a list of names together just so as to clarify things :beerchug:

stevo

Tenderfoot
Jun 5, 2005
Scotland
Just spotted this thread,...........I would like to come to the 28th and 29th, are there any spaces left?

If so, is there anyone travelling there from the edinburgh area travelling by car, who may have space for one more....more than happy to contribute petrol cash. If not, how else are people getting there?

cheers

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE